You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
BThe

Problem with unlocking iphone 4

Hi,

I have requested for unlocking my iphone4 since last Tuesday 20th March, and I was told to wait for the unlock code upto 48 hours. It has been 6 days now since then. I have called both Vodafone and Apple; Vodafone said it depends on Apple, and Apple said it has to be done through Vodafone. I am in the middle of two services which cannot give me the best answer and the best service. I have been with vodafone almost 2 years and since I am leaving UK soon, I just ported out my number and request for unlocking. I am waiting for very important call and cannot be albe to receive it because iphone is not accepting my new sim. I have tried putting the new sim and connected to itunes but it still shows the sim is not the right one.

Please can anyone help me with this case. Please can Vodafone process my case as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 7 (3,433 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
kids

Re: Problem with unlocking iphone 4

[ Edited ]

Have you connected the phone to iTunes to see if it has been unlocked? Unlocking generally takes 4-5 working days to complete and once Vodafone have asked Apple to unlock it you are in their (Apple's) hands.

It was probably not the best of ideas to give someone your ported number for a "very important call" if you do not have access to another phone until you knew it was all up and running.  :smileysurprised:

Message 2 of 7 (3,428 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Alpha_Zulu

I'm having exactly the same issue. 3 attempts at unlocking it and being fed the it should be done soon line. After 9 years with Vodafone I can honestly say I've seen the customer service decline every year, along with the signal quality.
Message 3 of 7 (3,407 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi BThe

Thanks for your post. It can take up to 7 working days for the NUC request to complete. As kids has suggested have you tried to plug the iPhone into iTunes with a non-Vodafone SIM inserted? You'll receive a message to confirm it unlocked once processed on iTunes.

If you requested on 20th March there's still time for the unlock to take place. If by 30th March it's still not unlocked please let me know.

Hi Alpha_Zulu

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've sent a private message with details of how to contact our team directly so that we can chase this up for you. If you could also include the reference numbers for your NUC requests/e-mails this will help us to locate the request more quickly to get this resolved for you.

Thanks

Simon

Message 4 of 7 (3,400 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
deegeums

Exactly the same problem - 1 week after the request to Vodafone to unlock, and still getting "SIM card in this iPhone does not appear to be supported" when trying to sync to iTunes.

Whilst I appreciate that this may be with Apple, the Vodafone call centre staff should not be saying "48 hours" if this can take significantly longer.

Is there a problem with backlogs at Apple at the moment or something?

Message 5 of 7 (3,297 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there deegeums,

Thanks for your post. I'm afraid I cannot answer your question regarding any backlogs at Apple. You'll have to ask them for yourself.

Could you let me know exactly what you are doing to try and unlock the device?

Cheers,

Lee

Message 6 of 7 (3,273 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
kids

deegeums wrote:

Exactly the same problem - 1 week after the request to Vodafone to unlock, and still getting "SIM card in this iPhone does not appear to be supported" when trying to sync to iTunes.

Are you inserting a non Vodafone sim card before syncing with iTunes, as that is required to complete the unlocking?

Message 7 of 7 (3,271 Views)