Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems sending and receiving texts iPhone4

JakeTS86
2: Seeker

Hi

I've recently changed from my old phone to an iPhone 4.  I was on holiday in Australia until yesterday and could send texts fine when I was away. 

I am now home and I can't receive texts.  Also my sent texts aren't going to some people, including my girlfriend who is in my Vodafone family plan.

I have been able to make calls as normal today but yesterday my girlfriend tried calling me and she said it didn't even ring.

My postcode is AB21 0TA.  The coverage isn't great here or at my girlfriend's house but I have a suresignal.

I've tried taking out the SIM and also putting network search onto manual and resetting all the network settings but hasnt helped

Any help with iphone settings/network issues would be appreciated

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AB21 0TA

AB21 0PL

AB24 5RU

AB25 1HZ

AB15 4UF

These are some of the areas I've not been able to receive texts. I've been into the local Vodafone shop and they changed over me and my girlfriends SIM cards but still had no success

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

JakeTS86

Also my suresignal has stopped working at the moment.  Would lack of 3G affect texting?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JakeTS86,

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Jenny 

Post Title: AB21

1). Does the issue happen in just one location. If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service ? Happens everywhere

2). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs? Everywhere - Aberdeen area

3). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Unable to test this

4). Are there any issues in your area already reported on the Network Updates Board? AB21 area - currently looking at performance of site

5). Does this issue happen on 2G, 3G or both? To check, go to the Help Centre, select your phone and then select "network". Both

6). What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No errors, texts are sent as normal but never received

7) When did you first notice this issue? 21-6-13 on return from abroad

😎 Is the issue permanent or intermittent (If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs)? Permanent

Anyone have any ideas for this?

Hi JakeTS86,

Although I can see that you’ve mentioned that this happens everywhere in Aberdeen, please can you let us know a full postcode for the area so that we can identify exactly which sites you are connected to?

Once we have this we will be able to look into this in more detail.

James

AB21 0TA

AB21 0PL

AB24 5RU

AB25 1HZ

AB15 4UF

These are some of the areas I've not been able to receive texts. I've been into the local Vodafone shop and they changed over me and my girlfriends SIM cards but still had no success

Hi JakeTS86,

As this is happening in numerous locations, the issue isn’t going to be network based. So that we can check your account, please get in touch with us here.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi, my problem has now resolved, thanks.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JakeTS86

Thanks for letting us know :).

Sukhi