Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems setting up internet iphone 5c

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i purchased an iphone 5c brand new on the vodafone network around a week ago,upon inserting the SIM card and adding the £30 bundle, I then received a text asking me to update the settings for internet, downloaded this profile and it still wouldn't work, so i then deleted this profile and added the settings manually myself following the info given on the support pages still no luck, then double checked this against info in the forum and i have them correct, still won't connect indoors or outdoors, tried contacting live chat for help just kept getting me to repeat the same steps as well as factory resets, also called the help line and got same info, don't know what else to doIMG_0002.PNGIMG_0003.PNGIMG_0004.PNG please help!

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Try texting WEB to 40127

May I ask Is Mobile Data turned on in the iPhone's settings. 

Device Guide http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/?manufacturer=Apple&type=Phone&model=iPhone+5c#

Has your SIM card been activated as your showing No Service. 

I I assume you can't make calls and send texts either ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Try texting "WEB" to 40127 to get the latest settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried this option several times downloaded and installed the vodafone PAYG profile still didn't work :smileysad: It was just saying no service as i was fiddling with settings, i generally have 3 bars of signal in the house and 4 to 5 bars when i'm outside, i can send and receive text/calls indoors and outdoors fine, but only MMS over wifi

BandOfBrothers

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried this option several times downloaded and installed the vodafone PAYG profile still didn't work :smileysad:

im thinking if it was just the APN's for Internet connection you wouldn't get the 'No Service' in the iPhone's status bar where it's supposed to say Vodafone Uk. 

When you acquired the iPhone did they send you a new sim or are you using your original one ?

Current Phone  >

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was a brand new unopened sim card that i freshly took out of the packaging when i purchased the phone, only problem i have is internet unless I'm using wifi

BandOfBrothers

@Anonymous wrote:

it was a brand new unopened sim card that i freshly took out of the packaging when i purchased the phone, only problem i have is internet unless I'm using wifi

Ok.

So you can make outgoing calls and recieve them and the same with texts ? With "No Service" showing in the iPhone's Status Bar or is the Vodafone name now showing in the status bar ?

I would suggest popping into your most local Vodafone Store. 

Current Phone  >

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only had no service at the point of taking that particular picture, the rest of the time I have at least 3 bars, and a 4G sign showing, thanks for trying think i will have to resort to visiting a vodafone store!

BandOfBrothers

@Anonymous wrote:

I only had no service at the point of taking that particular picture, the rest of the time I have at least 3 bars, and a 4G sign showing, thanks for trying think i will have to resort to visiting a vodafone store!

Thanks for clarifying. 

Yes as suggested it maybe beneficial to do so. 

Or use 191 from 8am-9pm 

Current Phone  >

kids

So as you can use it for calls the sim is activated OK.

As you won't have a lot of data on the phone connect it to iTunes and do a sync, this will download the latest carrier settings.

Otherwise having tried everything else and if it is possible a visit to your nearest Apple Store to let a Genius check the phone out may be the next best step.