Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with Personal Hotspot on iPhone 4S

MatthewHammal
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Having trouble using the Personal Hotspot function on my 4S. Every time I click "Set Up Personal Hotspot" I get directed to the Vodafone website help page for Apple which offers me no help at all!

I recently changed to a Sim-Only deal

Wondered if anyone in the Forum or Techteam could help me?

Thanks.

Matt

17 REPLIES 17

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MatthewHammal,

Thanks for your post.

Does this coincide with you changing plan to the SIM Only plan?

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

vince_alchemy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Techteam

Have had my 4S for quite a while now, and when I renewed my contract from a HTC HD2 which allowed TETHERING using the Personal Hotspot function as agreed with sales that I could as before, have been unable to, I have contacted customer service numerous times without any response at all . When I try to set up hotspot, Every time I click "Set Up Personal Hotspot" I get directed to the Vodafone website help page for Apple which offers me no help at all!

Im on a monthly paying contract

Could the Techteam help me promptly?

Thanks.

Vince

Hi Techteam

Have had my 4S for quite a while now, and when I renewed my contract from a HTC HD2 which allowed TETHERING using the Personal Hotspot function as agreed with sales dept that I could as before use within my contract, I have been unable to, I have contacted customer service numerous times without any response at all . When I try to set up hotspot, Every time I click "Set Up Personal Hotspot" I get directed to the Vodafone website help page for Apple which offers me no help at all!

Im on a monthly paying contract

Could the Techteam help me promptly?

Thanks.

Vince

Hi vince_alchemy,

So we can take a closer look at why you cannot access the personal hotspot feature, I'll pop you a PM to get your details.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

Hi Tech team,

I guess your are the cure to all "Enable personal hotspot problems". I hope you can help me with mine.

I am absolutely frustrated with my Vodafone service because:

1. I have been charged at least 7 months for a service which is locked and I cannot use it

2. I've spent at least a couple of hours yesterday, the day before yesterday and today trying to fix this matter

3. So far all my efforts are not successful

Here is my problem.

We have a business account (with iphone 4S) and we are paying for wifi and tethering service for the last 8 months at least in our bill. Everytime I try to set up a personal hotspot a message directing me to the Vodafone website pops up. Yesterday I spent at least one hour on the phone talking to various departments at Vodafone who confirmed that this service is in my plan and unfortunately it was not "activated". After they confirmed to me that now is activated and after half an hour it will be active and after several attempts with switching off and on the telephone, when I press the button Set up a personal hotspot I get the message "you can activate your hotspot by visiting our website" which gets me to nowhere. Am I stupid or what?

Please help

Regards

Like you I was on a business plan with Vodafone and the Tech team could not help. My issue was that when I upgraded my phone the old monthly package was not setup for use solely for the iphone 4S. What I did was contact Vodafone customer services to transfer my package to a specific iphone package and within minutes my personal hotspot was automatically activated. If your monthly package is not set up as iphone specific you will not be able to enable the hotspot to allow tethering. hope this helps

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Turanaga, 

As vince_alchemy mentioned, we aren't able to alter business contracts/price plans so may not be able to fully help with this.  I have however sent you a PM so that you can contact us.  If we're unable to solve this we will still transfer the email over to our business customer services team who will be able to help. 

vince_alchemy, I'm glad you've got this all working.  Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,

Phil

I've got the same problem. Rang customer services once and they said they activated it - nothing happened. Just rung again and they said I should go to the iTunes website (they don't listen, I don't have broadband and only use my iPhone 4S). Oh, go on the AppStore and download the settings there.. What a load of rubbish! I won't go into other problems we've had with Vodafone other than to say OffCom have been involved a couple of times. Not happy at all..

We have two iPhone 4s's on a business account and if it wasn't for me noticing my partner has personal hotspots on his I wouldn't know it existed.

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Gramayr,

As has been previously advised, we’re unable to alter business contracts or price plans. We can certainly take a look for you, and if we can’t help then we can pass your email across to the business customer service teams who will be able to help. To get in touch, just follow the instructions here.

Thanks

Andrew