Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with iMessage on iPhone 4

blazingicefire
1: Seeker

Hi,

I've been trying to sort out my Mum's new iPhone 4 since Christmas Eve but can't understand why I can't get iMessage to work from her number, not just her Apple ID.

When I turn on iMessage, it says "Waiting Activation" and a pop-up notifies me that she may be charged by her carrier for texts to activate iMessage. However, she's not receiving any texts whatsoever. I've tried speaking to Vodafone but I just get passed from department to department and told to either wait, or to Reset Content and Settings on the phone, neither of which seem to be working. 

The phone was previously a contract (she is PAYG) so I've checked the web settings are right. When I select 'Use Apple ID for iMessage', she is able to send iMessages but the phone number does not appear under the Send/Receive options. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

melmcnamara
4: Newbie
Hi try Apple in Ireland their knowlege far outways any help you get this side of the water my phone was a mess only people that gave me one to one for two days even guided me on the PC Vodophone shop connected wrong ID phone set me up as someone in states right mess they even done follow up calls to make sure phone still ok wish we had that service from Vodophone they dont seem to realise we aren't all computer wizards sometimes we need it spelt out without being made feel we are idiots even Apple shop here not as good didn't ask to do this do that precise instructions step by step very patient wonder if they can work miracles and sort out my signal problem now or lack off :Smiling: good luck