Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with iMessage on iPhone 4

blazingicefire
1: Seeker

Hi,

I've been trying to sort out my Mum's new iPhone 4 since Christmas Eve but can't understand why I can't get iMessage to work from her number, not just her Apple ID.

When I turn on iMessage, it says "Waiting Activation" and a pop-up notifies me that she may be charged by her carrier for texts to activate iMessage. However, she's not receiving any texts whatsoever. I've tried speaking to Vodafone but I just get passed from department to department and told to either wait, or to Reset Content and Settings on the phone, neither of which seem to be working. 

The phone was previously a contract (she is PAYG) so I've checked the web settings are right. When I select 'Use Apple ID for iMessage', she is able to send iMessages but the phone number does not appear under the Send/Receive options. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @blazingicefire 

Welcome to the eForum.

Can you advise if the phone’s data is working, or is able to connect to Wi-Fi?

Sarah

I'm having the identical issue. And yes I am connected to wifi

Apple says vodafone is blocking the SMS verification number which is 51369

Please help!

Yes, she can access both 3G and wifi.

Hi @blazingicefire 

To look into this further, please contact our Live help team.

Thanks,

Rodney

Please see pic attached

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @shane12345 

During busy periods is make take a little longer for an advisor to become available. Please try again.

Thanks,

Sukhi

shane12345
11: Established
Please help Vodafone, we both have the same issue. I've been speaking to your CS reps all day and no one has been able to sort it out. Just just block the international SMS verification number we'll both be sorted!!!

shane12345
I've tried day and night for days!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @shane12345 

See all of the ways of contacting us here.

Thanks,

Sukhi