Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of usage required for insurance claim

akhilstyle
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I had an iPhone 4 and lost it a few weeks ago but luckily I had insurance.

The insurance company wants a proof of usage from Vodafone showing the EMEI number. I tried calling 191 but they weren't really sure what I needed. I saw a reply a few posts back of someone with the same problem and it seems to have been resolved so was wondering if you could help me too :Smiling:

Many thanks

19 REPLIES 19

Hi,

I called up customer services, they redirected me to online Chat, which is unavailable since morning, they then redirected me to a store, they refused me giving the proof of usage, now I am here, can I get my proof of usage please?

Thanks

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sklwl,

We can certainly get you the information you need.

See how to get in touch here.

Thanks,

Andy

Have been trying to obtain my proof of usage for the last 3 days and have been sent around in circles by your Store staff and the phone Customer Service team. On o2 when I needed to obtain this for my wife's phone this was a simple 15min job. With Vodafone half your staff seem oblivious to what this is and the other half have no clue how to obtain it. Even though I've now managed to mail the correct team now, I'm still deeply dissatisfied with your service! - So much so, that I've now obtained my PAC codes for all 3 of my Vodafone contracts and will be using them on Saturday to be rid of Vodafone for good. Vodafone choose to punish customers that lose a phone bought from a 3rd party and frankly, it's unacceptable! Your inability to provide the most basic of information to aid customers in once again making use of their Vodafone service is reprehensible! I hope this post serves as a warning to all other customers duped into thinking Vodafone will assist them in a timely fashion. I will be sharing my experience through every online channel at my disposal.

Hi misc2050,

When it comes to a proof of usage, we can only give this for a contract customer as the IMEI isn’t logged on the Pay as you go account.

Are you a Pay as you go customer?

If not, contact us to get the proof here.

James

deneshkanna

Proof of usage, What does this show?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @deneshkanna

This is to confirm that the IMEI has been used on our network and with the mobile number quoted.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny, Can i get the same proof of my IMEI used. Im not geting anywhere when i speak to the customer care. Please contact me for more details. Regards

Hi @deneshkanna 

We'll be happy to help.

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian, I have completed the form. Now waiting the reply, Regards

Hi @deneshkanna,

Please let me know the email reference number so I can check we've received it. It looks like #7555655. 

Thanks, 

Kay