Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of usage required for insurance claim

akhilstyle
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I had an iPhone 4 and lost it a few weeks ago but luckily I had insurance.

The insurance company wants a proof of usage from Vodafone showing the EMEI number. I tried calling 191 but they weren't really sure what I needed. I saw a reply a few posts back of someone with the same problem and it seems to have been resolved so was wondering if you could help me too :Smiling:

Many thanks

19 REPLIES 19

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yep, as per the above link they should be able to provide you with an official letter confirming calls were made on the number which you can then take to your insurance company

Another thread below with contact information to get in touch with Vodafone.

Vodafone Proof of Usage

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

:smileyvery-happy: sounds like your insured through LSG (Lifestyle group) they are USELESS !!! ive had the exact same problem when they insisted my phone make and model never existed because it was a US handset that was never released in the uk. It took a lot to get them to sort the claim out. Their main reason for refusing my claim was a) there is no such phone ever made and the sticker that shows the IEME seemed to be worn away or PURPOSEFULLY SCRATCHED OFF, this then changed when I insisted the take a photo and send to me as proof of the said willful damage to defraud them. Not too sure what proof of usage would have done for them as they were insistent there was no way they could tell the IEMI of the device I had sent them. It took a lot of perseverance but they finally coughed up to replace my phone.

rafiq1khan

how do i get proof of usage letter or some think like that for my insurance company 

Hi rafiq1khan,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum :).

Do you still have any of the original paperwork from when you took your contract out/purchased your phone? If not, then we'll be able to assist you here. Just reply to the email I'm about to send you and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. Alternatively, if you give customer services a call on 191/08700700191 then they'll be able to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

George.

Rjanz

Please advise I have requested a proof of usage since October 2012 after a lot of phone calls and explanations to different individuals at vodaphone customer services I still have not heard from anyone aftepiloting a cheque of 10 pounds and a written request to send me this proof of usage for the purpose of insurance I still have not revived it 3 months down the line!!

please assist!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rjanz,

Welcome to the forum!

I’ve sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of our team will be able to get this sorted for you :Smiling:

Thanks

Jenny

Hi There, 

I also need a proofe of usage. Could you please contact me so I can get this?

Thanks

Alex

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Alex,

We can definitely provide the information you need.

You can see how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks

Andrew