Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: How to access mobile internet (3G)

dws1969
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had my iphone 5s with you since mid November and I cannot access the internet when not connected to wifi. I had the iphone with O2 for years and never ever had a problem connecting to the net. Whats the point of having a phone that cant connect to the internet ANYWHERE and paying £39 p/m for the privilege. Ive checked all the settings and everythng else. Sick of payng for something im not using/getting!! so please note if it is not rectified I wont be paying anymore.

16 REPLIES 16

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @dws1969

If you send the word WEB to 40127, this will make sure that the correct settings are definitely on your phone.

If that doesn’t work, can you confirm whether your iPhone was bought as an upgrade or as new connection?

If it was a new connection, did you port your number into us from another network?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi,

Tried that, all I got was a text message saying I'd changed my sim card!! Wrong you sent me the new sim card as a new customer.

Sick & tired of this 3rd rate third world service!! I will terminate my contract on the basis you have breached this contract by not provided services as advertised. 2 months of paying £39 each month to make 1 phone call a day.

PATHETIC disgusting service.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@dws1969 wrote:

Tried that, all I got was a text message saying I'd changed my sim card!! Wrong you sent me the new sim card as a new customer.

That is the default message that you get through when requesting the settings.  Did you get the configuratino text shortly afterwards?  Have you tried syncing the phone with iTunes - this can often download the latest settings to your phone.

@dws1969 wrote:

I will terminate my contract on the basis you have breached this contract by not provided services as advertised. 2 months of paying £39 each month to make 1 phone call a day.

Be very careful - you will probably have to pay for the time remaining in your contract.

PWIAC

My phone is fully up to date and still not working & no text as promised!!

As far as I'm concerned Vodafone have breached the contract by NOT supplying services within the contract so I have every right to cancel.

If I ordered fish & chips every day for 2 months & only got chips I certainly wouldn't pay full price every day and would definitely use another RELIABLE supplier. 

They are advertising 4G coverage but in reality providing 3rd WORLD service.

drey_p

@dws1969 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned Vodafone have breached the contract by NOT supplying services within the contract so I have every right to cancel.

The problem is that your contract is for airtime only and excludes the handset.  This means that any issues with the handset don't allow you to cancel your contract, at least not without penalty.

Have you tried manually entering the settings?  Have you tried the SIM in a different handset?  Do you know anyone else on Vodafone in the area - if so can they access mobile data on their handsets?

PWIAC

The problem is not the handset!! Its the fact I can't access the internet unless in connected via WiFi!! Vodafone DO NOT state anywhere that I wouldn't be able to access the net via 3G in my area!! Its not as if I live in the back of beyond!! Also its not has if its the phone either because I had the same phone on O2 and had no problems with them whatsoever!!

By my deduction its a network problem for which I'm being charged and NOT getting, therefore I'm not paying.

I don't know anyone stupid or naive enough to pay for an internet enabled device with 1GB of data per month in the airtime contract but can't use it because it won't connect and still be prepared to be shafted to the tune of £39 p/m

drey_p

Whilst I appreciate that you are frustrated, it would be more productive if you went through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide and posted the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

Do remember that you are given a 14 day cooling off period when you take out a contract in order to assess the signal in your area.  You can cancel at any point in this period without penalty.  Outside of this period, if you want to cancel, you have to pay the Early Termination Fee for the time remaining in the contract.

If you dont' pay your bill, you will only end up hurting yourself.  It won't be long before a default is put on your credit file. 

Did you purchase the iPhone as part of your contract with Vodafone? 

PWIAC

Patronising as well as irritating!! Loving the veiled threats as well, The plain fact of the matter is this cowboy outfit aren't providing the service that they repute to provide. 

Im still waiting for a promised text from someone from last night for Gods sake & you have the audacity to tell me to fill in another seemingly pointless forum,template or whatever bloody thing you want to hide behind.

In the meantime I'll use every opportunity and social media outlet to publicise the fact that Vodafone treat their customers with contempt and disregard.

Give me the name and number of the CEO of this cowboy outfit and the name and number of the industry regulator.

If you are telling me that a large city where I live has vodafone signal connectivity then you should be closed down forthwith.

drey_p

As stated in the previous post, it would be a lot more productive if you started providing the information that is being asked of you.  So far, you haven't answered most of the questions you are being asked. 

Please go through steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide and post the template and your results back here.  This information is required if you are raising a network issue. 

Please could you also advise if you got the phone as part of your contract with Vodafone.

PWIAC