Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Registering a tablet SIM for ipad

brianmcmillan3
4: Newbie
Trying to register my internet sim with no success.

There is a message on the website that says; "Registering a tablet or mobile internet dongle? You can register any Vodafone number, including Pay as you go, Pay monthly and business numbers, mobile broadband dongles and tablets. However, iPads don’t receive the security code as a text. Instead, it’ll appear as a pop-up message. You’ll need to write this down and use it to register in step 2 of the process."

But no pop up message appears. Where should it appear? Has anyone seen this elusive pop up message on an ipad?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for all the help. Problem appears to be sorted. Vodafone need to change the info on the website however - there is no pop up message on an ipad when you try to register it. Would make more sense for an e-mail to be sent that you could click on a link or something. Seems the only way at the minute to register a vodafone sim for an ipad is via livechat or contacting customer services helpline

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

brianmcmillan3
4: Newbie

I am at my wits end.

Trying to get vodafone to work on my SIM has now become a Herculean challenge rather than any real wish to give this company any of my money.

I just can not belive that it can be this difficult. I first started trying to get vodafone on my iPad mini way back at the beginning of January. I am now on to my 4th SIM, have spent more than £30 on the useless helpline, about 20 hours on the equally useless live chat (when I can actually get hold of one of their 24/7 CSAs in India).

In short I have wasted far too much of my life on something that really should not be this complicated. All I want is to be able to get on the internet on my iPad mini using Vodaphone, and to be able to top up my credit when it runs out. To be fair, I have actually managed to get on to the internet. But When I log into my account I get the messages;

"Error. We can’t display this information. It looks like something went wrong and we can’t show you this now. Please pop back later and try again." and "Sorry. Some parts of our site aren't available at the moment. We're working hard to get things back to normal."

Come on Vodafone! How hard can this be? How on earth do you manage to stay in business? You must have a lot more really dumb customers like me that are willing to throw away large chunks of thier life trying to get your software/hardware to work out of the mistaken belief that surely... surely it can't really be this hard?

Hi brianmcmillan3,

We’ll need your details so that we can take a closer look into this.

Did you get in touch via the link that James sent to you via PM, from your other post?

If so please can I take the email reference from the auto reply email? (It looks like #6123456)

If you no longer have the PM, i've sent you another here with how to send us your details.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

OK I've done this.

But I have to say, I'm not holding my breath. I've lost count of the number of customer service agents and tech experts I've spoken to who have assured me they will sort this out.

Nearly 2 months down the line, £30 out of pocket, and having wasted a huge amount of my time I am still no further forward.

Still no progress. Now locked out of my account completely.

Hi brianmcmillan3,

There's nothing showing from the email address you registered on your eForum profile.

When you followed the link in the PM and sent the form, you should have got an automatic confirmation email. That has a reference in the subject line which looks like "[#1234567]".

Can you post that so I can find your email? 

Dave

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

When you reply to a pm, there are specific things you need to do.  One is to put exactly the right thing (usually 3 letetrs + 3 numbers with no spaces) in the subject line.   The other thing is that, when you click send, you're taken to an faq page and there's a final "send email" button at (I think) the top right.  If you don't do all that, the message eitehr isn;t sent or isn't routed correctly.

I don't know whether this will work with what you're trying to do, but I was able to register a SIM via Live Chat earlier today and it went live almost immediately.

Thanks for all the help. Problem appears to be sorted. Vodafone need to change the info on the website however - there is no pop up message on an ipad when you try to register it. Would make more sense for an e-mail to be sent that you could click on a link or something. Seems the only way at the minute to register a vodafone sim for an ipad is via livechat or contacting customer services helpline

I also have this problem.

When I try and register, it cant send an sms to my iPad. I simply get a "new message from vodafone" notification in my iPad. When I tap on it it's empty. Nowhere to be found in iMessage.

How can I register my iPad for vodafone? 

--Conor

Hi conormcgowan,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B