Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement Iphone 4s

ROCKY9AK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have an Iphone 4s (vodafone) with a vodafone pay only sim.  I've started having problems with my current Iphone4s.  So have decided to use a spare vodafone 4s.  It has been synced with itunes as my current phone.  It also has my current vodafone sim installed.  However it fails to link to the vodafone network (no signal message).  Any ideas how to solve this?  Am I able to transfer my sim from one phone to the other?

3 REPLIES 3

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
There is no reason that you cannot swap Vodafone sims between Vodafone devices.

Have you synced the phone you wish to use with iTunes when it has your current SIM card installed?

If it does not pick up the network after doing that it would be worth calling into a Vodafone shop and getting a new sim and let them transfer all of your account details to it whilst you are there.

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ROCKY9AK,

Please could you try kids suggestion and arrange a SIM swap in store if the iTunes sync doesn’t work?

Hi kev1968,

Do you have the reference number for the email you sent in from your auto-reply?

It’ll look like #12000000.

Thanks,

Simon

kev1968
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have being waiting for a reply from Andy from the tech team WRT165 was a reference number anyway went into a Vodafone store yesterday to try and resolve my iPhone 4s they told me they could send my phone away and it would take 5-10 days okay can I have a loan phone while it's away sorry you don't have insurance so you can't have any suggestions I said yes they basically live with the problem and change the phone when the contract (help) Not to be beaten I phoned Vodafone today from a 02 phone as the iPhone has no signal. When I got through to Vodafone I asked could she ring me as I was phoneing from another network no she said I only receive incoming calls ( this call is going to cost then) I relayed my issues and asked could Andy from the tech team be contacted to discuss my issues no she said they are online only and don't posses a telephone so as I said her solution was I buy a phone for £7.99 from amazon to use while my phone was being repaired and she would credit me £8 as a good will gesture whilst my phone was away being repaired so what about the money I spent on a buying a phone keep it ( help) So no further forward spent over £13000 with Vodafone yes 13k and this is what happens
I admit defeat next visit to citizens advice