cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Returned to Vodafone, Pay Monthly sim only, internet not working (iPhone 4)

Quackington
4: Newbie

Hi all,

I am hoping you can help.  I have returned to Vodafone and had my number ported over today.  I can make and receive calls, send and receive text messages without any problems, but the internet is not working.  I have called Vodafone twice, and the support people gave me the following settings to enter in the cellular data section in my settings:

APN: internet

Username: web

Password: web

I was given these details twice today, inputted them in my phone and rebooted, but still no luck.  The support stadd checked on their end that I should be able to use a data service, and it was all fine on their end.  However, it's just not working and now the customer services line is closed.

Can anyone help or provide any suggestions?  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Dave,

Thanks for following up on this. Your support staff tried their utmost to help, including various resets of network settings, reboots of the phone and even a restore of my phone. It still didn't help, but I managed to fix the problem myself this morning. I was looking around in the phone settings, and I can't remember where, but the profile from my old network (GiffGaff) was still saved on the phone. I deleted it and web browsing worked again. Despite my network settings including the username/password that Vodafone provided, it turns out that the profile stored on the phone was overriding it.

Thankfully it's all sorted now. Something to mention to your support staff though. I know Vodafone doesn't send internet setting profiles for iPhone, but it looks like other service providers do, and so they'll know what to do for next time.

Thanks.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

bertyb
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Did they do all the other normal things such as rebooting your phone, maybe trying to turn it onto flightmode and off etc, is your signal good in your area, do you know other Vodafone users who are getting good 3G signal etc

Yep, rebooted my phone, signal is fine (I am getting full 3G bars), and I've used Vodafone in the past here without any problems.

Hi Quackington,

When porting in, the transfer happens in stages, so it's not unusual to see some services appear before others. Can you confirm for me if the data is now working for you, as this should have been completed by now?

If it isn't, then as you've already tried switching it off and on again, can I get you to try a hard reset for me?

- Switch the handset on
- Whilst powered up, remove the SIM card and battery
- Put the battery back in and switch on
- Wait a couple of minutes, then remove the battery again
- Replace the SIM and battery and switch back on

If that doesn't resolve this, then reply to the PM I'm sending you.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for following up on this. Your support staff tried their utmost to help, including various resets of network settings, reboots of the phone and even a restore of my phone. It still didn't help, but I managed to fix the problem myself this morning. I was looking around in the phone settings, and I can't remember where, but the profile from my old network (GiffGaff) was still saved on the phone. I deleted it and web browsing worked again. Despite my network settings including the username/password that Vodafone provided, it turns out that the profile stored on the phone was overriding it.

Thankfully it's all sorted now. Something to mention to your support staff though. I know Vodafone doesn't send internet setting profiles for iPhone, but it looks like other service providers do, and so they'll know what to do for next time.

Thanks.

tiffanyirwin
2: Seeker
Hi i topped up my phone last week and received 100minutes 300texts and 500mb of internet access. however my internet wont load up and it lets me on the vodafone homepage but no further. my texts and calls are fine and my signal is full. i rang up customer services and they gave me a number to text WEB to and i did so and again still didn't work. can anyone help me with this problem as i need my internet fir business. thanks.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tiffanyirwin

Welcome to the eForum :Smiling:

It looks like you've tried troubleshooting already which is good. If you could reply back to the PM I've sent you, I'll take a closer look at your account and see if I can find out why you're unable to use data on you phone :Smiling:

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Sukhi

themiller
My internet hasn't worked since my number was ported. Nobody seems to know the answer & fed up paying for a service I'm not receiving. Can anyone help? I have an iPhone 6

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @themiller

So we can access your account, I’ve sent you a private message here, with how to send us your details.

Any other customer’s viewing this thread, please contact us here.

Thanks,

Gemma