Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SMS problems

chris248
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just moved from iphone 4 to a 5s (and a new nano SIM). I'm a pay monthly private customer. I can't get imessage nor Facetime to set up properly with "Waiting for activation" appearing on both pages. I note that the Apple advice page for this says "ensure SMS is working properly". I thnk this is where my problem might be as I haven't recieved SMS (green) messages that people say they have sent me.

I've checked all sorts of things. Lots of restarts etc, reset network settings, restore device from itunes, etc. I note that under "Profiles" I only have The Cloud WiFi, wheraes my iphone4 had Vodafone Contract WAP as well. I tried sending a text to 40127 WEB but nothing happened.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

When did you carry out the swap sim procedure. It may take a little while to settle.

Also try -> On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

This is an official  help link https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201422

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for suggestion bandofbrothers1 but no joy on the hard reset. As I said the problem seems to be with the SMS system and I cant understand why I dont have a Vodafone profile.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chris248 

Please speak to our Live help team. As the reset hasn't fixed it, we'll need to check your account. 

Thanks, 

Amanda