You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
angief

Should I swap my Samsung Galaxy S for an iPhone 4?

Hi all

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and my friend has an iPhone 4.  She doesn't like it and I'm not keen on my phone either and we were thinking of swapping over.  We are both on Vodafone so no changing companies.

Do you think I should do it?  Also my hubby has an iPhone 4 so it would mean face time etc.

All comments welcomed 

Ang x

Message 1 of 7 (4,323 Views)
angief

Re: Should I swap my Samsung Galaxy S for an iPhone 4?

Has no one got an opinion on this?

Message 2 of 7 (4,303 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
TC18

Its hard to give an opinion on a a phone that I haven't used and i'm sure a lot of people in this forum haven't used both handsets, all i can offer is to look at reviews on both and see if the swap would be right for you, if your husband has a iPhone have a go on that and you can see if you like it enough to switch :smileyhappy:

you would also need to get a micro-sim as well (not sure if the samsung takes a micro-sim) by contacting vodafone by 191 or going in store

p.s. i'd choose the iPhone :smileywink:
Message 3 of 7 (4,279 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
Talos

I would also check with vodafone,  if this is possible,  since you both under contract with your phones,  they might have something to say about it,  if they allow it,  I think if they would be under the condition that you let them know, and that your friend,  keeps to the condition they agreed contract,

however I am not an vodafone employee,  so speak to them about what they think and what conditions they might impose on you both.

Message 4 of 7 (4,272 Views)
yucww210

[ Edited ]

If me i will

Message 5 of 7 (4,240 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
Nabs

angief wrote:

Hi all

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and my friend has an iPhone 4.  She doesn't like it and I'm not keen on my phone either and we were thinking of swapping over.  We are both on Vodafone so no changing companies.

Do you think I should do it?  Also my hubby has an iPhone 4 so it would mean face time etc.

All comments welcomed 

Ang x

I wouldn't bother, maybe a swap for a Galaxy S 2 or wait for the rumoured Galaxy S 3

Having used both Android and iOS i dont think there is any way i could make the change, it would be a backward step!

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 6 of 7 (4,236 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi angief

Thanks for your post here.

As you can see here, opinion is divided. :smileyhappy: It’s all going to be down to personal opinion. I have an iPhone 4 and have used Android in the past and I wouldn’t want to swap my iPhone 4, as I personally really like it.

I think the best thing for you to do would be to come to some sort of arrangement with your friend where you both have a ‘trial’ period perhaps? Where you can try the phones and see if you are happy to swap long term.

Let me know how you get on and what you decide :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Message 7 of 7 (4,231 Views)