Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sms texts not sending,

Iqrah123xxx
3: Seeker
Hi! I wanted to know why my sms texts have stopped working, eg. Not delivering . It was working perfectly fine and then suddenly started showing 'the red not delivered message.' & everything else is working perfectly fine. My data and calls are working as they should. I have unlimited texts aswell. And I have tried every single thing. I have an iPhone 5c. Please help me resolve this problem as I need my
Messages for my
Work. I am also receiving texts as I should but I can't reply .
9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Are iMessages sending Ok as indicated by a blue bubble around the text. 

Is it the normal text messages as noted by a green bubble around the text. 

Try a reset. 

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Does this occur everywhere or at home. If only at home check your masts via  ->

Please use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Is the issue to certain Contacts ? If so ensure you've not blocked the person and that the person has not blocked you too. 

 Block Calls / Texts link.

Try deleting the contact and re enter it. Ensure the contact has not been duplicated in yiur Contacts App. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Iqrah123xxx
Hi, Thankyou for giving me some more solutions to try! & imessage is working fine, it's just the green texts which aren't sending.& I have been to a vodaphone shop and they can't fix the problem, I have tried resetting it, but still no luck!& it's everywhere, not just at home& it's too everyone's contacts aswell. I'm going to try to re type the contact's number again & see what happens.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Iqrah123xxx wrote:
Hi, Thankyou for giving me some more solutions to try! & imessage is working fine, it's just the green texts which aren't sending.& I have been to a vodaphone shop and they can't fix the problem, I have tried resetting it, but still no luck!& it's everywhere, not just at home& it's too everyone's contacts aswell. I'm going to try to re type the contact's number again & see what happens.

As you are receiving texts it is not going to be a problem with the masts, if it was then you would not be able to receive texts or to make calls.

Rather than just deleting the contacts number delete the contact entirely and re-add it, try using the +44 format as this has been know to cause glitches with texts sending;

i.e 07711111111 becomes +447711111111

Also what happens if you try to send a text to yourself, with iMessage turned off?

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for your answers. 

You have another couple of options. 

Ask a Vodafone store to perform a Sim Swap which moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card just incase yours is failing somehow. 

Ask Vodafone Customer services to Fully Reset your Account. 

Current Phone  >

Iqrah123xxx
Still no luck. I have tried doing the reset button and still no luck, with anything you have suggested

Iqrah123xxx
I have tried that aswell and still no luck! 😩& when I try sending myself a message it still doesn't deliver . I cannot seem to find the problem!& it's very annoying me, but Thankyou X

Iqrah123xxx
Will all my pictures and things get deleted? Will my number still be the same also? Thankyou and I will do this

Iqrah123xxx
It's very annoying!& I was wondering is it my phone or my sim?

@Iqrah123xxx wrote:
It's very annoying!& I was wondering is it my phone or my sim?

Process of Elimination: Can you perhaps try your Sim Card in another phone to rule out either the Sim Card or Phone which may be at fault. If an alternative phone takes a bigger sim then the Network Shops have plastic Sim Card Adapters that temporarily make the original Sim Card larger.

Current Phone  >