Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages

steh_61
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Why is it my text messages sometimes do not get received or they are so times jumbled up
11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Do some of your texts or all of your texts not get received ? If some then look in your text blocking facility https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201229 and ask the other people to check if their phones have the same kind of blocking facility.

Can you please check if you've not already done so what the Vodafone Network Mast Status Checker is reporting for your area.

Please use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Has this happened regularly or recently ?

Are you a new customer to Vodafone via porting from another network ?

If your sending a text to another iPhone they'll be iMessages indicated by a blue bubble. These need a wifi connection or at least a stable 3G connection.

Plz try ure Sim in another phone as a process of elimination 2 rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for the help however let me explain in more detail.

When I'm sending my girlfriend a text message, sometimes she doesn't receive the text at all, sometimes the message is jumbled a little, or sometimes not the message I actually sent. The message I did send shows on my phone as I sent it but on hers it's a completely different text. It only happens when I text her, Vodafone are useless and pass me from person to person, without actually taking the time or trying to help.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Is your girlfriend on Vodafone?

Ask her to check she does not have you as a contact more than once in her phone.

Ask her to use the process of elimination I mentioned earlier to try her sim in another phone.

And or ask her to turn her phone off,remove and wipe the sim with a soft cloth,re insert and turn the phone back on and try again to text her.

Current Phone  >

Hi she's not on vodafone. The checking of her contacts, sim cleaning already tried that. She has been in touch with her network provider who say they have no network issues. I have just tried the mast checker on Vodafone and there are no issues in my area. She suspects that I'm messaging someone else and the jumbled messages are not meant for her, but this is not the case I haven't been using anything else to message anyone else at the same time, so really need this sorting or answers if possible. Thanks

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Is this happening with 'normal' text messages or also with iMessages?

Ask you girlfriend to delete your contact details then add them again and you do the same for her contact details to see if the problem still occurs. Also what phones are you and your girlfriend using?

BandOfBrothers
The iPhone does not have the feature to do this with text messages.

You could look at a sim swap which moves your number and tariff to a new sim but I feel this is a glitch somewhere that should hopefully resolve itself.

Current Phone  >

kids
The iPhone does not have what feature?

I have an iPhone 5, my girlfriends is a Nokia lumia

kids
So we can rule out iMessages.
Firstly try the deleting and adding in the contacts list. After you delete her details try a hard reboot of the phone which will clear any glitches: hold the home and off buttons down until the Apple logo appears the release and let the phone reboot itself, you will not lose any data doing this. Then add back in your girlfriends contact details.
Do the messages your girlfriend receives bear any resemblance to a message that you may have sent to another contact?