Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to activate Personal Hotspot on my iPhone 4

cornishboy
2: Seeker
Hi There Could someone please explain why I cannot set up my personal hotspot on my iPhone 4? everytime i attempt to set it up it directs me to a support page on Vodafone website. I am on a SIM only deal which includes 500mb data. Please can someone respond ASAP?
117 REPLIES 117

LauraAliceYoung
Hi Tech team,
I'm having the same problem as others on this forum; my phone keeps directing me to the Vodaphone website to set up my hot spot but then I can't get anywhere.
Would you be able to send me a link or phone number that would assist me to set up my hot spot?
By the way, I've got a prepaid Sim with 1GB of that makes a difference to a plan set up.
Thanks very much,
Laura 🙂

Hi - by way of update - I never got this working - until I moved to IOS7 - when it has automatically enabled...

Hi folks,

Laura - Of course we can provision your line for you to get the service. I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. :Smiling:

Vaughn_74 - When you updated to iOS7 did you also amend your plan in any way? Normally it's down to account provisioning as part of the price plan you're on than the software running on the devices. I appreciate your sharing all the same. :Laughing_Face:

Cheers, Ben

NoelW

I have a Iphone 3gs on the simply pay as you go plan and have tried to turn on personal hotspot but get sent to the same link as everyone else. The posts on here suggest that I have to pay for this on the iphone. WHY when it works on my wifes samsung ace 2 on the self same plan ????

How do I get this working free on my 3gs ?

Vodafone shop is hopeless saying can't have it on a 3gs anyway but it looks like it is possible on here.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi NoelW,

Unfortunately this feature is not available for Pay as you go.

This is down to apple using a different access point name (APN) to connect to the internet through the personal hotspot feature.

The only way to get this to work would be to take out a SIM only contract, which means that you could use your inclusive allowance for this.

James

vsevastianos
3: Seeker
I think that I have the same problem as any one in this discussion. I am on sim only plan. Could some one help me?

Thank you in advance.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi vsevastianos,

Welcome to the eForum. If you'd like to get your plan moved to an iPhone SIM Only plan to get hotspot access, I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

vsevastianos
Is there any way to upgrade and get the service described above?

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
The only way is to take out a contract as PAYG is not supported for Personal Hotspot.

vsevastianos
Thank you very much. Regards