Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to activate Personal Hotspot on my iPhone 4

cornishboy
2: Seeker
Hi There Could someone please explain why I cannot set up my personal hotspot on my iPhone 4? everytime i attempt to set it up it directs me to a support page on Vodafone website. I am on a SIM only deal which includes 500mb data. Please can someone respond ASAP?
117 REPLIES 117

Dimitrios1978
Hello I need help. I have an iPhone 4s and I'm trying to activate my personal hotspot . When I do this , it automatically transferred to the Vodafone page with basic info . I have the freeby 30pounds/ month. Please advise !!!

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. You can no longer have hotspots on payg phones.

Tanjina123
Hi i have a problem i got a new sim on vodafone and i tried enabling me hotspot but it directly takes me to the vodafone webiste which i get confused of and its annoying me because i cant get through to anyone

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tanjina123 

Welcome to the eForum and thanks for your post. 

Take a look at these steps to set up your personal hotspot.

Thanks, 

Amanda 

can I have one of these magic PM's please? pretty please?

some info

iphone 4, iOS7, I have the £10 PAYG (500mb) bundle plus the 50GB promotion this month. Data works fine even if I had to google the right login info.

Fair enough if its not available to me but Ive seen a lot over these forums indicating it should be.

Seems this is my only hope of finding out.

Also, I already have a vodafone account. I shouldnt have to sign up again to use eforum. It isnt even clear that you would you have to.

Cheers!

AnnS

@momanyo

To answer your questions.

1. Your Vodafone account and Community log ins are separate, you need a different log in for each account.

2. As has been mentioned on previous posts, tethering is not available on PAYG, you need a contract.

3. This is a Community forum, anything account specific goes to Customer Services or Live Chat.  You won't be receiving a PM from Vodafone via the forum.

Boney123
I can't set up my personal hot spot ( no on or off option)it directs me to the website

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Are you on monthly? As on PAYG It is not available.