Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to activate Personal Hotspot on my iPhone 4

cornishboy
2: Seeker
Hi There Could someone please explain why I cannot set up my personal hotspot on my iPhone 4? everytime i attempt to set it up it directs me to a support page on Vodafone website. I am on a SIM only deal which includes 500mb data. Please can someone respond ASAP?
117 REPLIES 117

Bump!

Hi heskethbang

I’ll send you a private message so that we are able to check this for you. Use the instructions in your PM to get in touch with us. :Smiling:

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Wayne

Hi

I'm in the same boat - just ported across from O2 I use a Samsung Galaxy Note but my wife has an iPhone 4 which we've just had SIM unlocked from O2 and is now working fine on Vodafone - except the Personal Hotspot menu option says "Set up Personal Hotspot" and selecting it offers only a redirect to Vodafone support page.

I contacted Vodafone Business CS by telephone yesterday (Friday) and the lady told me she'd configured my wife's number for tethering but that it could take up till midnight to take effect - though it rarely takes that long.

Anyway, I've woken up this morning, tried it (rebooted phone, reset Network Settings, etc just to be sure) but nothing has changed - I still see the same redirect to the Vodafone site.

Could someone take a look at my account and in particular my wife's number on that account to check this out? Many thanks.

Macksoft

Hi macksoft,

So we can look at this for you I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of the team will be able to look at this for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Roj3
Hi, I am also trying to set up personal hotspot on my iPhone 4. I too get stuck in an eternal loop of being sent to the vodafone website for instructions which don't help. The setup my personal hotspot button basically doesn't do anything. Can anyone help? I have latest version of operating system and have changed apn settings to "Internet" but that doesn't seem to have helped. Cheers

' I am also trying to set up personal hotspot on my iPhone 4. I too get stuck in an eternal loop of being sent to the vodafone website for instructions which don't help. The setup my personal hotspot button basically doesn't do anything. Can anyone help? I have latest version of operating system and have changed apn settings to "Internet" but that doesn't seem to have helped.'

Me too, can any mods help?
"As the philosoper Jagger said, 'You can't always get what you want'."

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

GerwynJ - That is correct. Tethering is only available on the iPhone on contract services via iPhone pay monthly and Sim Only plans.

-----------------------------------------

Roj3 and Gdraft - I'll get you a PM so we can take a look and make sure everything is in place at this end.

Dave

Hi,

I have also moved to sim only contract on an iphone bought from apple. I get the web link when trying to select the personal hotspot option. How do i get the non-standard APN required for iPhone Personal Hotspot?

Thanks

Roz

Hi rozshaw

We'll need to check that your price plan and account profile are set up for tethering so that you're able to use the Personal Hotpsot. I've sent a PM to your inbox so that you can contact us directly.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

Hi tech-team, I have the same problem. New SIM-only pay monthly contract (micro sIm) with 1GB data in my iphone 4S. 'Set Up Personal Hotspot' just refers to the unhelpful help pages. Can you advise how I get hotspot enabled?

Thanks!