Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

URGENT UNBLOCK OF PHONE - TOTAL STUPIDITY

keironparsons
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have made 4 requests to get a handset unblocked and I seem to be hitting my head against a brick wall. Why do Vodafone make things so b&*($y difficult!!

I have a phone which was on contract.

My daughter has a phone on contract.

My contract comes to an end so my phone is redundant but I want to keep it and retain number.

My daughter has moved to Australia and to cancel her contract will cost a lot of money so I ecide to take over the contract.

I then move her contract onto my handset.

She now has her handset that she wants to put an Aussie SIM card in to.

Before Xmas we make our first request to unblock her phone - no repsonse

Couple of weeks ago, I complete the on-line form - no response

Last week I contact Support who tell me there are no records of previous requests but they will complete one for me - still no response.

I again contact Support who cannot help me and requested I contact NUC Solutions direct by email - this I have done only to be told they cannot match the IMEI number and for me to check that it's correct.  I know its correct because I am looking at a screen shot of it.

I suspect that they are trying to match the IMEI to my original handset instead of my daughters phone for which I have given them the handset number and IMEI.

Why is this so difficult - is there anyone on Vodafone support looking at this and can unravel please - I have tried and tried every avenue and things are now getting out of hand.  My daughter needs her handset unblocked urgently because we need to keep in touch with her.

Now, I can hear you say, the handset doesn't belong to me but to another but my response is that technically it does because I took over her contract and the phone, I have just chosen to let her retain it.

Somebody please help before I go down the line of the Communications Ombudsman.

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @keironparsons 

Welcome to the eForum. 

I’m disappointed to hear that’s happened.

I’ve sent you a private message, so we can help with this further.

Our Live help team is also available for immediate help. 

Thanks,

Sarah