Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to connect to BT WiFi

gronk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Ive recently put my works SIM into my iPhone and since have struggled to connect to BT's hotspots...I'm not sure if the problem started after I installed the 'myvodaphone' app or before but basically I can attach to the network, the login screen appears I select vodaphone and I get a message

'Not Found the requested URL /vfiphoneuserregistration/index.php;jsessionid=44w176ckd3ub2 was not found on this server'

If I try to login into the Starbucks (BT Openzone) wifi I get a pop up

'Error opening page Hotspot login cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server'

If I try the BTautowifi connection via the app it just times out

Last time I had something similar is when I put a different sim card in a 02 phone and I had to text a code to a 02 number I assume to register the phone as a 02 phone...had no problems with the 3 SIM used after!

Any ideas?
11 REPLIES 11

RupertTheFridge
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
You could connect to iTunes and try updating your carrier settings. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1970

Thanks already tried that....

Anyone from Vodafone able to help?

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gronk

Thanks for your post here.

You can only connect to BT Openzone hotspots using your Vodafone SIM as it checks to see if BT Openzone is active on your account. If you are using a different SIM, it cannot see this and will therefore not allow you to use it.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Wayne, apologies if it's not clear I am using a Vodaphone SIM! The reference to O2 & 3 was just pointing out I had used this phone previously with SIMS from the network.

What I did spot today was that when I try to login via the ' other network provider' option where I would normally pick Starbucksas a login, looking at the page it tires to link to it references if checked the full address has reference to ...'o2iphone...' (sorry didn't get cance to make a note of te full address) butbitvappears thatte BT login site seems to hold some info related t te phones ac address or IMEI. As mentioned before when I caged from iPhone 4 from a 3GS I had to send a SMS to O2 to release the details to the new IMEI....I can't see anything similar on Vdafone!

Help!!!!!!!!

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gronk

I'm not sure if BT holds information around the IMEI number. I think that we need to make sure that this is provisioned on you account. I have therefore just sent you an email. Please reply back to that and we will check this out.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin thanks for the response...I've not had a mail?

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Gronk,

Just sending you another email now.

It may just be that we need to refresh your Wi-Fi access registration on the system.

Dave

Thanks...but why would that affect use of an open NW like Starbucks?

Hi,

I have the Vodafone app, but still cannot connect to bt wifi. I am told that I can login with my Vodafone details, but where do I enter the details on the bt web page?

I go to Vodafone app, - wifi finder,- find on list nearest bt wifi, - hit the hotspot,- hit setup – made sure enable wifi and auto connect are ticked.

Where do I enter my login details so I can access free bt wifi that I have with my plan? If I then hit bt wifi website on the Vodafone app it takes me to the bt web page. On this page I cannot find any Vodafone link to enter my login details so that I can connect to the bt hotspot.

How do I connect to the hotspot when I am out and about?