Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to connect to BT WiFi

gronk
2: Seeker
Ive recently put my works SIM into my iPhone and since have struggled to connect to BT's hotspots...I'm not sure if the problem started after I installed the 'myvodaphone' app or before but basically I can attach to the network, the login screen appears I select vodaphone and I get a message

'Not Found the requested URL /vfiphoneuserregistration/index.php;jsessionid=44w176ckd3ub2 was not found on this server'

If I try to login into the Starbucks (BT Openzone) wifi I get a pop up

'Error opening page Hotspot login cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server'

If I try the BTautowifi connection via the app it just times out

Last time I had something similar is when I put a different sim card in a 02 phone and I had to text a code to a 02 number I assume to register the phone as a 02 phone...had no problems with the 3 SIM used after!

Any ideas?
11 REPLIES 11

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If everything's set up correctly, you shouldn't have to do anything - the app should connect you automatically.  Does the iPhone version also have the "connect even when wifi's off" option?  Normally, if you're being asked to log in, it's one of the many flavours of BT wifi that is only available to BT broadband customers.

If the hotspot you're trying to connect to is on the map on the app, then it sounds as the the service may not br properly provisioned on your account.   It'll take the Tech Team here to sort that, so just hang on until they pick up your post.

anglo
Thanks professor