Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unbelievable. After 3 weeks iPad Air still no data

timbo21
2: Seeker
On 30th March '15 I ordered a shiny new iPad Air 2 128gb. I ordered with data to be used for Red sharer, so I would share the 6gb of data from my iPhone 5c. I received the iPad a couple of days later.

Firstly, after inserting the sim I just had 'no signal'. There were no instructions about activating it. After about 3 phone calls to Vodafone and about 3-4 days later it connected to Vodafone, but that was just the beginning...

I then found, although connected, I had no data. Any website I tried to connect to it was just hanging. I decided to try my iPhone 5c's SIM card in it. Hey presto, worked a treat. Put the sim that was sent to me back in - nothing.

Now, 3 weeks after receiving this, and what must be around 20 phone calls, I still do not have a sim that will share data with my iPhone!!! This is utterly unbelievable. I've had a new sim sent out, been through resets, had various staff tell me this or that and that it will be up & working within 24 hours - all of it useless. I actually don't think anyone at Vodafone has a clue on how to get their systems working. Why say you sell data sharer plans when you obviously are unable to get them working? And half the staff have practically no knowledge of shared data plans and have to put you on hold for an eternity.

I really am at the end of my tether. Either get it working, or take the damn thing back and I will take my business elsewhere. Utterly unbelievable! I am gobsmacked to say the least.
8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

Totally understand your frustration on something that should be a simple procedure to set up.

From your post I see you've gone through the generic self help tips and by a process of elimination have determined its your sim and account at issue here.

I'm sure one of the Tech Team will be along in order to check over your account and hopefully reset the account to sort this out.

Best of luck. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Michelle
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @timbo21

So we can look into this, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions how to get in touch.

Alternatively, for a quicker response, you can contact Live help.

Thanks

Michelle

timbo21

Well, I posted this and was contacted by Michelle below on the 21st and it's now the 27th. Followed her instructions to email - nothing

I am utterly fed up with this. Vodafone up until this point was pretty decent, but after this me and my wife will take our phone contracts elsewhere to O2 in December. I want to send this iPad back and get one somewhere else that works.

I refuse to spend another minute of my life on this. Utterly diastrous!

BEWARE. Don't use Red + share data plans. They don't work!

You would have thought that they might say, "Ok let's try and put you onto a normal data sim", but nobody has called me to offer any solution. 

Am I really going to have to write to the ombudsman to get this resoved? Really?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@timbo21,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I've chased a response for you today and we'll be in touch shortly.

DaveCD

Well, I received an email saying the 'necessary changes' had been made and would be effective from midnight last night.

Well, there's no change and when I log into my online account it's still saying Sorry, there seems to be a problem, where it has data usage, which is what it's said since day 1.

Had enough. I want a refund and send this iPad back 

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I BEEN TOLD IT'S SORTED WHEN IT'S NOT!!

It's now just over a month of this with no resolution

I have spoken to returns department and they have authorised a return for a refund.

Anyone looking at my notes on the account can see what I've been through to get this up & running. What a nightmare.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @timbo21

I'm disappointed to see it's come to this. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

I've chased for an update on your latest email. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Never mind the badge, just fix my issues.