Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unhappy with my phone...what can I do?

Small_one88
2: Seeker
I am just beyond a year into my contract (1year to go)...but, I am so unhappy with my phone! I upgraded from an iphone4 to a 5c and it has been completely mis-sold to me. My storage is horrendous. I can only hold 50 photos at a time and hardly any songs - even with this I can't have many other apps and I don't have enough storage to update. I live in a dead spot for signal, and Vodafone kindly said I could buy a signal box for £100 (my father is with EE and he got one for free...).
I am planning to go into the shop I purchased the phone in to see what can be done, but I am paying a lot of money for a phone that was meant to be an upgrade, and it matter a fact it's made my life more stressful as I can't use it!
Any help or advice would be much appreciated!!
11 REPLIES 11

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

At this point you have a couple of options available to you.

The first is to buy out the time remaining in your contract to bring your upgrade date forward.  Once you have done that, you can upgrade to a phone of your choosing. Remember your can sell your phone to pay towards this cost.

The second option is to purchase a new phone outright and use it with your contract.  Again, you can sell your current hadnset to offset the cost.

I am not sure which will be the cheaper option as it will depend on what your monthly tariff is.

Regarding the signal, when you take out the contract you're given a 14 day cooling off period to assess the signal in your area.  YOu can cancel at any time during this period.  Once you are out of this period, you are deemed to have accepted the contract. Do other people on Vodafone have signal in your area? 

What is actually using up the space on your device?  Have you completely wiped it and set it up again?

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

You could use options such as Dropbox to store data to free up your iPhones memory.

You can also use iTunes to update your iOS if memory is an issue on the iPhone.

Create a back up to iCloud and iTunes and restore the iPhone which will free up some memory.

Delete old apps,videos,notes,reminders,iMessages,messages,email,songs etc to help.

You could sell your current phone to family ,friends or HighStreet shops such as CEX (you'd need to take ID to become a member)and use the funds to help by an alternative phone.

CEX also sell phones.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Small_one88
Thank you for the reply. If those are my only two options it sounds like I am stuck with this phone...which is pretty unacceptable in my opinion. It would cost me over £400 to get out of my contact now and I just can't afford that.
My phone says it's my photos and music. But right now I have 50 photos and 98 songs as I have had to put the rest onto my cloud. Considering I am paying over £30 a month I think this is disgraceful.
I moved house 6 months into my contract.

drey_p

If you have moved into an area where there is little or no signal, your best option would be to get a SureSignal device as you have previously been advised.  This will create your own personal transmitter at home to provide you with signal where there was none previously.

What capacity phone did you get?  It sounds like a huge amount of space has been used up by not a lot of data.

PWIAC

Hi,

Personally I don't use iCloud for photos or iCloud Drive.

"Once you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, all you've got to do is follow these steps to optimize your storage where photos and videos are concerned —

Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
Tap on Photos & Camera.
Tap on Optimize Storage."

"That's it! iCloud Photo Library will switch to only storing storage optimized versions of your photos and videos. It may take some time in order for any changes to be apparent so give it a while to update your library. This is especially true if you have a lot of photos."

This may help.

I'm guessing you have the 8gb iPhone capacity which only gives just over 6gb of user memory.

Current Phone  >

Small_one88
Hi :Smiling:
I have done all of the with Dropbox etc, and it just means my Dropbox is now full. I think it's outrageous that I should even have to do that when my iPhone 4 was great and this is meant to be an upgrade though.

@Small_one88 wrote:
Hi :Smiling:
I have done all of the with Dropbox etc, and it just means my Dropbox is now full. I think it's outrageous that I should even have to do that when my iPhone 4 was great and this is meant to be an upgrade though.

What is your Dropbox capacity ? You can increase it. Mine is 4.2gb which was free by carrying out some tasks. 

Current Phone  >

Can you hook up to iTunes and touch on devices and look at the info bar at the bottom. The other bar is your iOS and info like notes,calendar notes etc. a restore will reduce that but unfortunately it will grow again. On the iPhone look at Settings-General-Usage-Manage Storage to see a breakdown.

Current Phone  >

Small_one88
My settings says it has a 5.9GB, could it be possible to get my storage do you think?