Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock Code Request

fozzuk
4: Newbie

Hi "Again"

To cut a long story short.. i bought an iphone 4 from my wifes friend and it was locked to vodafone its well over her contract date and she got a shiney new iphone

I asked her about the unlock request form and she requested this apparently months ago!!!

So again she filled in another she probably now thinks it was best if she had just given it one of her kids cos im asking her daily...

Ive been in touch with apple who say they havnt received any authorisation from Vodafone

can someone look into this for me

im stuck with an iphone 4 that only works via wireless

I can understand the security side to this what do i have to do or the previous owner have to do?

Just glad i didnt buy it on ebay etc....

Good old Voda :smileyfrustrated:

10 REPLIES 10

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The restrictions are imposed by Apple and not Vodafone. Did this friend get an email from Vodafone with a reference number. If yes post it here so they eforum team can use it to track its status.

Have you synced the phone to iTunes with a non vodafone sim in it? That is how the unlock process is completed.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I'll try that now, apple say its not down to them they just put it on the unlock system after the carrier inform them

either way it seems im going round in circles

Thanks for replying tho :smileywink:

Simcard not supported try another sim or request a carrier unlock

Thats all i get when i try another sim it wont let me sync

jeffkinn
OK it's still locked

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

seems it.. i might be better going into the vodafone store or even giving her the phone back

Thanks again

jeffkinn

The eforum team will be able to help but they'll have to deal with your friend as the original owner and not you. It sounds as though that might not be practical so you are left with the options of giving the phone back or selling it and using it to buy one that you can use. Used iPhones, as long as they are in good condition, are still worth a lot of money.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jeffkinn
Apple will tell you what you want to hear. Their rules are very clear - they will only unlock a phone if requested by the network that they supplied the phone to in the first place. The network has to ensure that the unlock is requested by the original owner to ensure that they don't unlock stolen phones. In some countries networks will never unlock phones and in others, only when the contract is finished.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

mattyj
1: Seeker

Im having the same problem, bought from my friends wife and cant unlock it. they say as its no longer on her contract its nothing to do with them. they said take it to a market stall and get it done there but it takes up to ten days and £40 :Sad_face:

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The solution to your issue is simple.  Get your wife's friend to complete the NUC request form and provide her details.  Vodafone won't be able to deal with you as the account isn't in your name. 

PWIAC