cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock code/confirmation still not arrived.

KelseyShortridge
2: Seeker
I have waited 10 days for my NUC email to arrive and still nothing has come through.
Please can someone sort this out.
It's very frustrating as I was informed by a customer advisor in my local store around a month ago that he had successfully unlocked my phone. Now I'm living in Australia and am unable to use my Vodafone Australia SIM card in my device.
I have resubmitted the request from today. Synced with iTunes countless times as requested and also restored my device etc etc as advised. Please can someone sort this issue out and have the codes sent to me. Or confirmation from Apple so I am able to use my phone again. Thank you
9 REPLIES 9

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
You won't get a code as there is no code for an IPhone and you won't get an email from Apple.

If you originally completed the NUC form the something seems to have gone astray so one of the tech team will need to look at it for you.

You are doing all the right things to check if the phone is unlocked, I assume you are using a non Vodafone sim when you connect to iTunes as that is the way the phone unlock will be finalised.

I am also going through this maddening process. It might well prevent me ever coming back to Vodafone.
Can someone explain how the unlocking code will be produced? What message will I get from Apple when I log into iTunes?
Any help appreciated.

kids

The procedure is the same for an iPhone with all networks.

Once Apple have unlocked the phone in their database the next time you connect to iTunes with a non-Vodafone sim in the phone you will see a message "Congratulations your phone is now unlocked",

But, it is up to the user to keep making connections as Apple will not send you an email when they have completed their end of the process and there in no unlock code to enter. It can only be completed by the phone connecting to iTunes.

Thanks. And this process can take up to ten days can it?

kids

It can, but at the same time in busy periods it can take Apple up to 21 days.

It is much a case of being the luck of the draw when it comes to when Apple process it. :smileyfrustrated:

Motty747
That is just so annoying. To be without a phone or up to three weeks is terrible service. Both Apple and Vodafone have gone right down in my estimation.
Never again.

kids

It is Apple you should be companing to about the time scale.

Once Vodafone have checked your account details match those in your unlock request they send it to apple (usually within 48 hours) the it is up to Apple, noboby can speed things up once it is in Apple's hands.

It is the price you pay for using Apple products.

I disagree. It's the agreement with Apple that Vodafone has made. Vodafone don't want you to leave, so they make it extremely difficult to do so.

kids
Then we will agree to disagree.

Unlocking is not difficult as long as all of the details entered on the NUC form match the account details the phone can be unlocked.

I have known unlocking of Vodafone devices to be done within 7 days but also as long as 21 days. It is down to Apple when they update their database.