Ask

Solution

Unlock iPhone 5 fee issue

satyaitharaj
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

Greetings from Satya !!

I bought my iphone 5 from (removed in accordance with house rules) in September 2013. 

I got my mobile unlocked through the vodafone portal and got charged for that.

Please, could you suggest the way I could get my money back for being charged for unlocking.

Best Regards,

Satya

8 REPLIES 8

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
When did you get the phone unlocked?

PWIAC

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I got an email confirming this on Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 8:18 AM, from: nucresolutions@help.vodafone.co.uk with subject: Unlocking your phone.

Thanks,

Satya

Hi 

We've recently edited a post in this thread as it breached our House Rules. Whilst we encourage conversation within the community, there are certain rules everyone must follow. This ensures the forum remains suitable for everyone, as well as being free from excess clutter.

The person whose post has been edited has been contacted privately.

If you're unfamiliar with the House Rules, please take a minute to view them here.

Thanks,

Rodney

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@satyaitharaj 

Information around how much and why charges are applied can be seen in our FAQs.

DaveCD

Hello,

Thanks for the message. I am aware of the charges, and since my contract started in September 2013, it should be free for me. I think rule below applies to me:

How much does it cost to unlock your phone

Pay monthly: it's free if you've had your plan for over 12 months. If you've had it less than 12 months, you'll need to pay £19.99.

Please suggest, and can we be more specific as you have more details now about the contract.

Thanks,

Satya

Hi @satyaitharaj 

We'd need to check your account for this. Speak to our Live help team and they can do this for you. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

Hello Amanda,

Is there a way I could get a call back from Vodafone in this regard. Atleast in this case, there would be a context to the call.

It is too difficult to convince the customer support on 191 and appraise them of the situation. 

And, it pains me for saying that the customer support on 191 wanted me to talk to the retailer who sold me the phone (Was taken off from the original post) to get the money back; not sure how this could be resolved. I am feeling sorry to be in this stage. I am made to run from pillar to post. 

Thanks,

Satya

Hi @satyaitharaj 

I’ve sent you a private message, so we can help you with this.

Thanks,

Sarah