Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock not working

lmaloney2010
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm in Taiwan at the moment and have applied for an unlock code. Vodafone sent me an email back to say that it is now unlocked, but I tried to change the sim card and its not working!

There is a link at the bottom of the email to click if the unlock code doesnt work, but the link is down for maintainence?

If anyone could help me that would be really great!

Thank you!!!!! 

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@Imaloney2010 

You don't get a code to unlock an iphone, to process the unlocking, you synchronise to itunes with an alternative SIM.

Please see the link below.

Unlocking your phone FAQs

Okay great thankyou for your help!

So if i buy the sim card in the shop it wont work then, But if i take it home and syncronise it with itunes then it will?

How do I syncronise it? 

When I turned the phone on with the new simcard in it, all it would allow was trying to connect to wifi, do you know why that is?

Thanks for all your help :Smiling:

AnnS

@Imaloney2010 

The alternative SIM (not Vodafone) will need to be activated first.

All the information of how to unlock an iphone can be found on the internet by doing a Google search.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@lmaloney2010 wrote:

Okay great thankyou for your help!

So if i buy the sim card in the shop it wont work then, But if i take it home and syncronise it with itunes then it will?

How do I syncronise it? 

If the phone has been unlocked you can syncronise it with any iTunes account to complete the unlock.
If it is not your own iTunes account just make sure that before you connect the phone with a non-Vodafone sim card in it that you go into the Devises setting in iTunes and turn on 'prevent devices syching automatically', you can then connect your phone and it will download the correct carrier setting without you having to run through a full sync

The alternative if you have an iCloud backup is set it up as a new phone and then  restore the phone OTA from that backup, that way you avoid iTunes.

I have had this problem for a few weeks. When Icompleted the application form I used the IMEI number that is on the back of the box the phone came in. It is not the IMEI number of the phone so that is why it didn't work. If you used the number from your box rather than the one from the phone, it might be worth checking they match.

Hi @threeofthem 

Have you managed to send off a successful request now? 

If you need any further help speak to our Live help team.

Thanks, 

Amanda