Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking 4s

Rountongent
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I am waiting for Apple to send my unlocked message. Must I leave the SIM in the phone while waiting for the notification?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Apple do not send you any communication.  You may get an email from Vodafone saying that the phone has been unlocked - this usually means that Vodafone have processed your request and passed it on to Apple to action.  Apple then take their own sweet time to unlock it, about 7 - 10 working days usually.

You can check to see if your phone is unlocked: connect it to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it.  When you do this, if the phone is unlocked, you will get a message in iTunes tellling you so.

So no, you don't have to keep your SIM card in the phone - you actually have to take it out at some point!

PWIAC

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p

Hi there

Apple do not send you any communication.  You may get an email from Vodafone saying that the phone has been unlocked - this usually means that Vodafone have processed your request and passed it on to Apple to action.  Apple then take their own sweet time to unlock it, about 7 - 10 working days usually.

You can check to see if your phone is unlocked: connect it to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it.  When you do this, if the phone is unlocked, you will get a message in iTunes tellling you so.

So no, you don't have to keep your SIM card in the phone - you actually have to take it out at some point!

PWIAC

Many thanks Grand Master drey_p.