Kay_Taylorr
2: Seeker
Can someone give me a call please ASAP I'm not calling you
9 REPLIES 9

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
You will get the matter sorted much faster if you give a brief explanation of your problem with the unlocking. There are probably people on this board who can help you a lot quicker than you waiting for a phone call.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I'm afraid that your profile on the eForum isn't linked in any way to your account with Vodafone so I'm afraid that no one knows who you are and therefore can't just call you.

If you want help, you are going to have to pick up the phone and call 191.  You can also post details of the issue you're having in order to get some help.

PWIAC

Kay_Taylorr
Basically my phone is 2nd hand and I don't know the woman I bought it off (was just some random person from facebook) so I paid £20 to get it unlocked through you guys and they said they would send an email when it's done then I received an email saying that the phone account isn't in my name? So now I've just wasted £20 on a network that I'm trying to get rid of and I can't even use this credit because you guys don't have unlimited internet!!!!!!
So how am I going to unlock it?

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi, you won't be able to get it unlocked by Vodafone. Only the original owner can now request that. Can you get them to apply?

If not your only other route would be one of the unofficial high street shops that do this, but if its an iPhone as soon as you do the next update it will revert back to being locked

Kay_Taylorr
I don't know the owner & I'm not paying £35 that's ridiculous. They should tell you weather or not you can unlock it before you top up because now I'm stuck with credit that is useless to me. Not happy vodafone and will be changing ASAP:)

kids

It's a pity that you did not take a look into Vodafone unlocking before you bought the phone as there are thousands of posts on the subject and you would have seen that  it can only be unlocked for the original owner.

I doubt if when you requested the unlocking the team were able to ckeck the original owner details for you, but I see your point and how frustrating it is.

Best thing to do now is to sell the phone to someone looking for a Vodafone phone and write the rest off to a lesson learned the hard way. You ended your post by saying you are changing soon so that is not going to be a great inconvenience to you as you had already decided to change which is why you wanted the phone unlocked.

drey_p

I'm afraid that, if you don't know the owner, you won't be able to request an unlock through Vodafone.  I'd always recommend doing a bit of research before buying a second hand device, particularly if you want to have it unlocked.  Buying a second hand device, particularly a locked handset, can cause you no end of issues.

PWIAC

hello to all

i have mobile shop and daily base my clint comes for unlocking his phones

i need some one help to get unlock iphones will be pay (not freee)

but we don.t have any account information of clints 

daily aprox 50 100 phones for unlocking

aik1king @ yahoo (dot) come

Hi @chirag,

You'll need to get the account holders to contact us directly.

Thanks,

Rodney