Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using iPhone 6 SIM card in iPad Air 2

daijholt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I have a 4G SIM card received with my iPhone 6 that is currently collecting dust; It's on a Red plan with 4GB of data.

My question is that if I put this SIM card into a cellular iPad air 2, will it allow me to use the data it has? I remember that once upon a time they used to block this kind of cross-use.

Does anyone have experience of trying this in the 1st gen iPad air?

Cheers folks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @daijholt,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

There's no issue with you using your SIM in another device. This includes tablets.

The only thing you'll need to do is let your insurer know which SIM is in which device when swapping. Many policies only cover you if you have the device registed to the number in use at the time of a claim. If you've not got insurance, tjhis won't apply. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Ben

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @daijholt,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

There's no issue with you using your SIM in another device. This includes tablets.

The only thing you'll need to do is let your insurer know which SIM is in which device when swapping. Many policies only cover you if you have the device registed to the number in use at the time of a claim. If you've not got insurance, tjhis won't apply. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Ben