Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using phone abroad

hazataylor
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I've signed up and opted into EuroTraveller so I should be able to use my minutes and texts for the same price as in the UK, but my data doesn't work. My iPhone tells me that I have 3G or 4G at the top of the screen, but when I try to load anything that uses mobile data (internet, Whatsapp...) it doesn't work. Any help on what I can do? I'm in Barcelona, Spain.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, I was in southern Spain just over a week ago and had the same problem, I have returned now and checked all my settings and should have been able to use data, still waiting for an update on the situation.

You could try livechat and ask them to check your account is OK, no one here has access to account information.

Thanks, I'm trying to get through to them on livechat but it says they are all busy, so I'm using the callback service, hopefully they'll be able to help. I'll let you know what they say when/if they call me.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Just a thought. 

Check in Settings-Mobile Data and if EU Internet is toggled on try turning it off. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So they called me back and told me to reset the phone by holding the lock buttom and home button for 15 seconds until the apple logo appears, and also to connect the phone to a different carrier from vodafone and then back onto it, neither of which have worked. I also tried the EU Internet, when it is off (as it was before) it tries to load google, but then fails to and when EU internet is on, it doesn't even try it just tells me that it isn't connected to the internet so safari cannot load the page. Can't be bothered to call and wait for them to call back and sort of out of options :Sad_face:

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hazataylor

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble accessing your mobile data while abroad. 

I can see you've been through a few options already, so I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can look into this further for you. 

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.