Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very Unhappy with my upgrade

FazMosh
2: Seeker

Hi 
I recently upgraded my SIM Only contract to take out an unlimited voice & text contract with 1 GB data so that I could use my shiney new iPhone 5S

The first thing that was messed up was my upgrade - they didnt give me 4G to start with - even though it was in my offer. Then I found that the data connection to my phone was not set up properly and I was not able to get data through anything other than WiFi !

After nearly two weeks of messing about trying to connect to internet, I have tried everything:

1. Resetting the device (Over twenty times)

2. Resetting network settings 

3. Going to Vodafone store and changing SIM card

4 Going to Apple Store and changing my iPhone

5. Having Vodafone apply a data bar on my phone and then have this removed (felt like they were clutching at straws).

BUT no joy - Vodafone done sem to like me.

So I reluctantly asked Vodafone to drop me back down to my old contract and they did this without really much concern. Now my iPhone has stopped working altogether - no voice, text or data.

You have to give it to Vodafone - they really know how to mees up your day. I wish I had not given up my EE phone now .

21 REPLIES 21

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi FazMosh,

So my team can look into this further, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura 

FazMosh

Well, after giving up on trying to upgrade my service with Vodafone - HONESTLY YOUR SERVICE IS LOOKING MORE AND MORE LIKE A COMEDY SKETCH - I requested to be retrned to my old contract.

I was served by a nice lady in the returns department who warned me that it might take until midnight before my account was returned to its old state.

Well ... she was wrong. Within 30 minutes of hanging up with her, changes started to happen.

Initinally I lost all singal to my phone - Yeap. Not only was data NOT restored to my phone, but Vodafone managed to also disconnect me from the network. Nice touch  guys!

So I had to leave my kids at home, find a vodafone store to find out what had happened. I was told that this is normal and that the support person should have told me! Any way they managed to get me re-connected.

But that didnt last long. The boys and girls in back office were not finished with me. Yes, you guessed it. My phone went off line and remained off line.

The next day (yes after the magical mignight chime) I looked with wasted anticipation - no signal and no change.

So I called the service desk at 8:00am and was served by another nice support person who made promises (Which I feel he has no power of keeping) to fix my account! But the team who needed to fix it dont start until 9:00am. Its nice to know that there is a team who can completely screw up my account on a Sunday, bt then dont have to be accountable until 9:00am.

I'd really like to know what wrong I have done, or which sin I have commited to qualify for being singled out for this amount of pain.

Vodafone team - you are unique - for all the wrong reasons!

Hi FazMosh,

So my team can fix this, you’ll need to get in touch using the link that I have provided to you.

If you’ve done this please give the reference code that was returned on the auto reply [7xxxxxx] and we’ll make sure that your email in in the correct queue for my team to work.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura

I already sent your team the info you requested - but perhaps you have not read it yet - 

Vodafone used to stand for quality - what happened to you guys!

THis really sucks

drey_p
16: Advanced member

If you've sent a message to the team, please post the reference number from the automatic reply email as  requested by Laura a few posts up.

PWIAC

The response I recieved has no reference.

I have now spent 90 mins on the phone with tech support and there is not even an ounce of love left on my side for Vodafone. You guys really suck.

I was sent to second line support who just asked me the same questions as first line. Then they had to go to third line who said my SIM is faulty - the same SIM that was working fine yesterday  - BEFORE VODAFONE MESSED UP MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!

Then 3rd line refused to speak to me and second line support had no one to escalate to!

Perhaps Vodaphone are making one of those annoying comedy movies and collecting material for it ?

Where is your professionality? How can you have a support team that are happy saying to your customer "I have no idea what is wrong and there is nothing more I can do at this end ?"

What a bunch of jokers. I have been a customer for years, and this is the first time I had to make a change to my config ... YOU HAD TO PICK ON ME ????????????

drey_p
The automated reply does have a reference number. Look in the subject line, it looks a bit like this : [#7123456]

PWIAC

I dont have an automated email - just the first reply from Laura.

That gave me a link to follow and asked me to send the link to the chat - which I did.

Were thise not the correct instructions (no surprise really - I've been given the run around by everyone else at Vodafone - so you guys might as well join in - right?)

Since Vodafone offer a Thumbs Up for all the good experiences - promoting positive outsome, why isnt there a Thumbs down option for those who wish to warn others of perils that may be lying in waiting for them?

Seems a little oneided.