cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual voicemail: really? Still not working?

adhickley
1: Seeker

I've recently transferred to Vodafone from O2 since the netowrk actually works. I vaguely recalled that O2 were the only provider who offered visual voicemail, but that was back in iPhone 3 days when I first signed up. I can't quite believe that it's still not available on Vodafone: going back to the old system seems such a backward step.

Interestingly, the Vodafone support people claim that there's no demand for a proper voicemail service (I thought I might ahve been doing something wrong with setting up the phone, but no...) So the reason for posting here is to say that there IS demand from anyone who has ever used it before.

I'd appreciate hearing from someone (in Vodafone) who can explain why this is.

4 REPLIES 4

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

I doubt if you will gear from vodafone on the subject as it has been flogged to death like a dead horse.

Vodafone in the past have said that do not have any plans to implement VVM and their priority is to improve and expand the network infrastructure.

The small number of people who have in the past posted asking for VVM would not justify the massive investment needed. As you recalled that Vodafone did not offer VVM and it seems of importance to you didn't you bother to check before signing up?

I didn't bother to check, you're quite right, since I'd assumed that everyone would have caught up all these years down the line. It's not a deal-breaker in the way that network performance is, but I'm amazed that Vodafone is using such a dated approach to what must, surely, be something that most voicemail users would use if they knew about it.

I'm sure very few people *on a Vodafone forum* have asked for it, since Vodafone users don't know what they're missing. Is it really a massive investment? And do people really want to not have it, or is it just that they don't know about it?

kids

If you do a search you will find numerous posts in a thread 12-18 months ago, many were for it and many weren't bothered at all.

I guess that with the roll out of 4G Vodafone decided that their investment was best placed there.

Personally  it doesn't bother me but there again everyone has their own views in whether or not it should be offered.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Download Hullomail. I've used it for some time and it's an excellent visual voicemail app.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png