Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voda Insurance

garymcwh
4: Newbie

After receiving my new iphone 6 i decided to call voda and add on insurance, i have never lost;damaged a phone before but though it would be good to have for peace of mind. I called and was told that since I had the handset i would need to take it into store for this to be added on. I went to my local Metrocentre Vodafone store and asked for this, I passed the girl my phone to check, told her that she was more than welcome to examine the phone as it was days old and perfect condition. The girl insisted that the phone had to be sent away and checked out before i could add insurance, Was I supposed to be without a phone for weeks as my phone got posted away? Ludicrous! 

So she refused to add insurance on without me leaving my new phone with her, sure as hell the phone was stolen shortly after and no insurance to help me. Thanks again Voda 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

I've known for it to be asked for the handset to be taken into a store to be visually checked to make its in good condition ,and on some that it has to be added within a certain timeframe.

Had you considered 's own Apple Care+

Perhaps check any household insurance and bank accounts as some also provide cover.

Check T&C and excess fee's.

Vodaphone Insurance Link

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/benefits/phone-and-tablet-insurance/phone-insurance/ which itself states

"Recently Got a phone from us ? - Just pop it into your local Vodaphone store, we'll check it over - and get you insured from £2.99 a month. "

No mention of sending it off anywhere ?

You could have gone back and spoken to another store employee,or to another Vodaphone store.

Look at one of the alternatives I mentioned, to see if you do have any cover.

😎

Edit : Wording changed.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.