Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone insurance

fiyero
4: Newbie

Hello

Am I able to take out Vodafone insurance any time. I am thinking of taking it out as my Apple Care is nearly due to expire.

If one of the mods could look in to that for me I would be grateful

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

HI there - yes, you can take out Vodafone's Insurance on existing handset, you will just need to pop into your local Vodafone store for them to check the handset over before they sign you up. You can find more details in this link

PWIAC

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

What point of law? Telling you that they can sell you something and then telling you that you can't have it is annoying but that's all - there is nothing illegal about it.

In legal terms it's called an invitation to treat - offering to sell you something doesn't constitute a binding offer.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

froggerty

If something  is offered to you, at a cost, and then proves not to be available it constitutes mis-selling.

jeffkinn
No it doesn't. Making an offer and then withdrawing the offer isn't a good sales tactic but there is nothing else to it. If I go to a Currys and they offer me a 70 inch 4K TV for £100 and then refuse to sell it to me at the till is that illegal? The answer is no. No contract exists until they take the offer of money I make. It isn't likely to make me feel good about the store that buts a commercial result not a legal one.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

froggerty

You misinterpreted what I meant, offered at a cost, meaning that if you're offered something, paid for it and then find out or told it's not available, that's mis-selling. We all know that legally an offer on a  product can be withdrawn at the point of sale, that's a different thing. 

jeffkinn
You paid for insurance? Vodafone actually took your money? That is a different matter. But it still isn't a matter of legality. If they took your money and then refunded it to you as they are unable to supply the product you wanted to purchase then they have fulfilled their obligations. It's like paying for a product that has been discontinued.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Reply if i go to Currys and they have a offer and at the till its not there any more then the offer is closed , but if i went to currys and some customers who at the till have the offer and some not is that correct 

Also let me make it  clear they charged  my account for a month for insurance and even told me to take new phone i purchased from i Store to Vodfonme shop to present phone then it can be insured i had to visit twice because i had  not presented receipt on first visit   after all this then they told me that  you are on sin only and not permitted insurance if I WAS TOLD TOLD INFORMATION WHICH IS RECORED THEN THEY SHOULD STAND BY THERE WORD THAT IS THE LEGAL POINT OF VIEW 

jeffkinn

You can keep on saying it and even shouting it, but it doesn't make it true. 

Did they refund the money to you?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

froggerty

The bottom line here is if Vodafone has taken money for insurance and then have failed to put the cover in place then they have mis-sold you a product and are obliged to reimburse the money by Law and with an apology. You should insure your phone independently and not through your provider.

jeffkinn

I agree hence my question as to whether the money has been refunded.

The point at issue is whether there is a legal obligation on the network to supply insurance, and there isn't.

The whole thing is a very poor show and their systems should be such that insurance cannot be added to a sim only contract in the first place.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I agree on point of Law they should Automatically Refund me, but this is not the case, I had argue my case with them for this Refund , 

They are not Making easy for you when call Centres outside UK that don't understand you which is   the case for Vodafone Billing Department its the old saying you pay Peanuts you get Monkeys !