Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone wont repair broken iphone!

nhuston
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The screenn went on my iphone 4, the phone still worked, received calls and messages, synced ok etc, just couldnt see the screen! Took it to Vodafone, after 2 and a half weeks they eventually told me that they wouldnt repair it as they think its water damaged! Its never been near water, and its only 3 months old so this is just a fob off!!! To make matters worse they said that it would cost £150 tp repair - and this was not the cost of the repair, but the fact that different phones come in different price brackets, so had it been a less expensive phone, then the cost would be £65 - its only £150 as its an iphone! Not content with charging me £120 for the phone and £35 every month for 2 years - Vodafone just turn their back when it breaks! Ive been a Vodafone customer for 10 years but this is the last!

24 REPLIES 24

thanks for the reply Wayne

i did pop in a apple store yesterday for them to inspect the phone after i told them Vodafone are saying it's water damaged but i haven't had it anywhere near water.

they checked the phone over and confirmed no water damaged has happened to the phone and no indicators have been triggered and its just a fault with the display due to no fault of mine. phone was replaced

result but haven't got a clue how you train your repair centre or is it just fob customer off with water damage and hope they pay up 

Good result Dazlicous.

I think there needs to be an investigation into Vodafone's repair centres. Personally I've been accused twice of water damage and twice I was livid about it as I knew it had not.

As I mentioned above Vodafone stoop as low as to suggest natural temperature change due to weather condiditons can be enough to cause condensation leading to phone failure.

I know quite a lot of people that have sent phones back to get the water damaged excuse and I really don't believe that many people are that careless without even being aware of it.

Lucky you have an Apple phone where you could go to an Apple store for a second opinion.

I wonder just how many people would get success with all other phones if a second opinion was easy to get?

Where water or moisture ingress if blamed by either Vodafone or Apple and you have not been anywhere near water, & have used the handset in normal everyday conditions their is a very strong case for the following:
The handset is not Fit for Purpose. Section 14 of the Sales of Goods Act clearly states that a product must be of merchantable quality & be fit for purpose.
Your contract remains with the seller (the store you purchased from). Not Apple. The store is responsible for the repair or replacement of the product. You shall also be entitled to a fully defect analysis report from the manufacturer where any store states a particular defect. You, as a consumer should not be out of pocket in any way.

please someone help me,I've had the Z1 for 10 months and it was a wicked phone the best I've ever had,then for some unknown reason the phone went dead.I had no power or anything,so i took it to vodafone who had a look at it and returned said phone un repaired,saying there was internal damage therefore they will not repair it.The handset itself is immaculate,kept in a rubber silicon protective case with no marks on it.Surely if a part had broken inside there would be  visible sign of damage?.

I too have been a loyal customer for 10 years and having contacted customer services i was just fobbed off,i did expect a bit of help maybe with a new plan or a discount to my plan now that im using a xperia neo to access the web.

Please help

regards Mal

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ragnar50,

Unfortunately accidental damage is not covered under the warranty. If you do not agree with the repair outcome you can take it to a third party for a second opinion. 

To step up your temporary Xpeia Neo for data, see here.

Thanks,

Sukhi