Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone / Cytanet

annelewis2010
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I live in Cyprus, but own a house, have family in the UK and so regularly visit the UK. On my last visit a week ago I bought an Iphone 4s from Carphone Warehouse. I currently have a Virgin pay monthly contract in the UK and a Cytanet (Cyprus Vodaphone) pay as you go mobile for Cyprus. It therefore made sense to me to get a Vodaphone pay as you go Iphone to replace the UK Virgin mobile as I thought I would be able to swap between the Vodaphone and Cytanet sim cards depending on whether I was using my new phone in Cyprus or the UK. This has been possible with other Nokia phones I have had.
Not so! The Iphone is locked to Vodaphone, and even though Cytanet is Vodaphone's partner, I have had to ask for the phone to be unlocked at a cost of £19.99. Is this correct, or is there another way round the problem?
1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

Unfortunately the iPhone's CPW supply do lock to the first sim inserted which is one of the reasons I buy my iPhone's from the  store.

Therefore if you meet the criteria for unlocking their will be a fee to pay to be able to use other SIM cards than that of Vodaphone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.