Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Want to register a brand new iPhone 4s IMEI under my name

iamfatsogracia
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I bought an iPhone 4s, brand new and sealed off a friend and it is locked to Vodafone. I want to register the IMEI under my name for precautionary measures, just in case he tries to cheat in the future by calling Vodafone saying the phone has been stolen or lost, and might result in having the IMEI blocked. How do I go about this? The phone was an unwanted upgrade hence the sale.

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi iamfatsogracia and welcome to the eForum

I’ll send you an email over to the email address that you registered with so that we can register the IMEI for you. All you need to do is hit reply and fill in all of the information it asks for.

It’s worth noting though, the original owner could still blacklist the IMEI, so it would be to your benefit if you obtained some sort of proof of purchase from them in case the situation arose.

Thanks

Wayne

HI

can i also have a form emailed to me so i can register my imei

Hi hayley0409,

Welcome to the eForum from all of the team.

A PM is on its way to you now with our direct contact details, please follow these instructions and one of the team can get this all sorted for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Hi, could I also have the form sent to me please? Thank You.

Hi anisa987, 

Welcome to the eForum :smileyhappy:

There's a PM on the way to you now, follow the instructions and we'll be in touch as soon as we can :smileywink:

Paul

Hi, i'd also like the form please.

Hi aclark10, 

I've responded to your other post here

Thanks

Paul 

Hello, can I please have the same form? Thank you in advance.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Mackie75,

I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben