Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wap data usage at 00:00 GMt

collie1
2: Seeker

Hi I've noticed wap data usage on my account at 00:00 every night that my handset is switched on all of my apps are turned off no notifications are active and my Wi-fi is always on is anyone else getting this? and could someone explain what it is?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

wwwww1 wrote:

I've got the same problem.

If you have the exact same problem then the solution and answers are as above.

The charges shown at around midnight are the accumulative amounts since the previous charge was levied. You need to remember that when the phone goes to sleep so does the wifi, so if you phone is in sleep mode and anything that uses data tries to do anything it will connect to your cellular network to do so. The only way to stop this happening it to either turn off Mobile Data or turn off the phone unless you stop apps working in the background. Things lke the phone checking for email can use a lot of data when you are not aware of it, so set the email to be checked for manually.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks, grolschuk !

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
That is the beauty of the Blackberry offering. All email accounts are push and the concept of fetch does not exist.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hello! Something's wrong with my account or my phone. I don't recognize those mobile browsing. It's too much data. What's wrong? Thanks!

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi wwwww1,

I have looked through the thread and I can’t see any posts where you have given much information regarding this issues.

Can I ask exactly what is happening and give us some examples of this?

As mentioned by kids the data shown at 00:00 are accumulative amounts.

However, if you can give us some specifics then I will be able to offer a little more assistance to you.

James

Hello! I've got 95% unrecognized mobile browsing and nobody helps me. I don't know what to do.

Pikey999
I set an account up in my name for my daughter, today I wanted to check her account and add euro roaming as she goes to Spain tomorrow on a school trip. I was stunned to see a large amount of WAP charges going against her monthly 2 gig allowance. I know she only uses wifi, both at home and out and about with BT. It's affected he allowance so bad I've just had to bump her up 1gig to go away so she can FB us whilst away.

She was charges twice yesterday against he allowance, 10:35 and 00:00 both times her phone was inactive, and the 00:00 the phone was on charge as it was flat. I'm not happy that for months this has been going on, and her enjoyment affected by something that isn't of her making or her fault.

kids

The billing that you see as 00.00hrs is the cumulative amount of WAP usuage for the preceding 24hours. It does not indicate that the phone used that data at 00.00hrs.

The problem with the iPhone is that if your daughter is connected to wifi at home and the phone goes into sleep mode then the wifi is disconnected so any push notification such as Facebook use WAP. The phone does not reconnect itself to the wifi until you wake it up by using the slider.

The only way to ensure that the phone does not disconnect itself from the wifi when it goes into sleep mode it to keep it connected to a live power source. It would be worthwhile whilst you daighter is at home to turn off the cellular data button so that you do not get any WAP usuage when your daughter thinks that she is connected to wifi.