Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What to do with stolen iphone

annapol
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Before Christmas we were victoms of a well known fraud. we received a brand new iphone with a phone call shortly afterwards saying it had been delivered to us in error and a courier would collect it. Knowing this scam we said the phone had been returned and no courier called. We rang Vodafone, they said they couldnt help us unless we could pin this delivery to an account number (we couldnt as we arent Vodafone customers and nothing on paperwork). We took it to a Vodafone shop and they said it was the 7th they had had that week. They refused to take it for the same reason as before. We tried giving it back to Apple, they wouldnt take it. Our local Police wouldnt take it. For goodness sake, we are only trying to be honest...what do we do with this stolen phone?!

2 REPLIES 2

jonsteele
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

If its the scam I think it is, someone must have set up a Vodafone account using your details.  As such Vodafone must be able to find the account using your name and address!

However, I'd formally write to Vodafone advising them of the situation, and tell them to let you know how to return the phone.  I would guess at some point they'll be sending you a bill, so you need prior evidence that you've told them it's nothing to do with you!

Retired-Jamian
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @annapol

We’ll need to investigate this further, and I’ve sent you a private message to get in touch.

Thanks,

Jamian