You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
vickiejane

Re: Where Do I Find My Account Number or PIN?

I'm having the same problem, text the number and I get a reply back about not being eligible for an upgrade and customer support is closed.. help?
Message 261 of 328 (12,588 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi vickiejane

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

So we can assist you with this please follow the Private Message I have sent to you, once we have your response either myself or one of the team will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD
eForum Team

Message 262 of 328 (12,563 Views)
alexandra91

I have had the same problem, I have not set a pin up with any one.  Joined through 'phones for you' and when I upgraded my contract in the vodafone store the contract with 'phones for you' stoped and I started a knew one, I have no paper work with any details of my new contract so I do not undertand what my PIN is?

regards

Alex

Message 263 of 328 (12,374 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi alexandra91,

We've added a section to our Forum FAQ's that will assist you with your query, you can find it here.

Thanks

Andy

Message 264 of 328 (12,350 Views)
West107

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm having the same problem - texted and got the ineligle reply

Message 265 of 328 (12,240 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi West107,

There are alternative options for getting your Account Number in the link that my colleague Andy has supplied in the post directly above yours.  :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben

Message 266 of 328 (12,105 Views)
InternetMan

Hello

I'm a new customer and would like to find out my account number. Apparently it's a requirement if I want to bring my current phone number with me, but it still isn't included in the 'welcome' email.

I've followed the advice elsewhere about texting 97886, and had the unhelpful reply about being ineligible for an upgrade. After ten minutes of muzak, Customer Services cut me off and went home for the night.

I'm not getting the best impression of Vodafone here, and I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

Message 267 of 328 (12,037 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi InterMan,

You can find the different ways to find your account number in our FAQ’s page here.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 268 of 328 (11,984 Views)
andrews297

I'm also having the same problem. Please could you assist and advise my account number.

Many thanks !

Message 269 of 328 (11,775 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
AndyD

Hi andrews297,

We've added a section to our Forum FAQ's that will assist you with your query, you can find it here.

Thanks

Andy

Message 270 of 328 (11,752 Views)
ianjenkins92

having the same problem need help asap!

Message 271 of 328 (9,488 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
jeffkinn

[ Edited ]

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum,

Try the instructions in this link

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Top-Questions-and-Getting/Managing-your-account-and-usage/m-p/957561#...

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 272 of 328 (9,486 Views)
ST21

[ Edited ]

This is the biggest joke I've ever com across. I just taken up a contract with Vodafone and my immediate thought is why did I bother after 8 wonderful years with Three. GIVE ME ###### ACCOUNT NUMBER PLEASE!!!! Why is this so difficult. Your suggestion does not work in your FAQ and your lines are shut. What kind of service are you offering here? I only want to register so I can port my old number across. Why is it so bloody difficult. Give me my account number NOW or I will be cancelling my contract as I have 7 days to do this. One word: PATHETIC

Message 273 of 328 (9,221 Views)
TommyAllain

I got a HTC Windows Phone 8S yesterday and I have no data connection and I cannot register my phone because I can't get my account number, I have text 'Account' followed by my postcode and it says "you are not eligible to upgrade your account" and without it I can't register my phone. 

Can you please help me find this and also if you have any other ideas to why I have no data connection please inform me.

Thank You

Tommy

Message 274 of 328 (9,144 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

[ Edited ]

Hi there TOmmyAllain

You can get your account number by following the instructions in this link:

Finding out your Vodafone Account number

The quickest and easiest way to set up Internet and Picture Messages on your phone is by texting web to 40127.  That should send the correct settings to your phone and configure it for both Internet and MMS messages.  If that doesn't go through, you can enter the settings manually following the details in the link below:

How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging?

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:

Message 275 of 328 (9,140 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi guys,

I'm sorry the FAQ didn't help.

I've sent you a both PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 276 of 328 (9,106 Views)
smm123

Hi,

I'm tryting to get hold of my account number so I can manage my account online, could you help me pleaes?

Thanks

Susannah

Message 277 of 328 (8,982 Views)
smm123

I tried texting the number provided in this thread and got the "sorry you're not eligible to upgrade..." message. 

Message 278 of 328 (8,980 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi smm123

I've popped you a PM if you could reply back I'll get the details that you require :smileyhappy:

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 279 of 328 (8,860 Views)
asifcml

hi, i'm having the same problem. I've tried txting and get the same "your not eligible..." reply. is their another way of finding it without having to call?

Message 280 of 328 (8,294 Views)