cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is it that customer service staff all come out with different answers to the same question?

PamJones
Not applicable
Told that to claim on insurance for cracked screen would have to pay £50 excess, I had paid over £100 insurance. Then told by someone else that the £50 would mean we got a new handset. Was never told that first time round. Cancelled the Insurance as waste of time. Now some 3/4 weeks later phone wont charge, Vodafone wont fix it unless I pay £195. Contract is for 24mths I phone warranty 12mth, what is the point in that. Now paying for I phone contract when don't have a I phone. Breach of Contract I think and so does ombudsman. What about you Vodafone want to give me yet a different answer?
1 REPLY 1

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A non working phone is not a breach of contract as the contract is for air time only and doesn't cover the phone - and the Ombudsman won't have a different view. That is covered by the warranty and although Apple only offers a 12 month warranty, Vodafone will repair an iPhone in the second year as long as it wasn't user damage. You'll need to go into a store to get that arranged.

Not sure what the insurance stuff was all about - that didn't make much sense to me.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png