Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

You are not subscribed to a mobile data service - iPhone 4

Chebby
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Keep getting the following message!!!!

Could not activate mobile data network -  You are not subscribed to a mobile data service

I am on a sim only contract with vodafone (changes just over a month ago from payt).

Please Help!

thanks Helen

34 REPLIES 34

the mobile data is switch on

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Are you on a contract or PAYG? Did you get the phone new? Have you synced it with iTunes to get the right settings.

Text the word web to 40127 and follow the instructions you get back to get the right internet settings on the phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

sorry but i did not able to send a message to 40127,,thanks i will try to sycn it to itunes

do you have any procedure on how to synced it on the itunes to giet the right settings?

thank you

jeffkinn
If you sync the phone to iTunes in the normal way it should automatically put the right settings on the phone. However, if that doesn't work you should restore the phone as a new phone. That will reload the iOS software and the right settings. Be careful with that as it will erase any data you have on the phone so make sure it is properly backed up. Why didn't the text to 40127 work. What error did you get?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

sending failed when i sent a message to that number

jeffkinn
But you can send text messages to other people's phones?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

its the same,,sending error i dont know why

jeffkinn
But you can make voice calls?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

yup voice calls and text message but i dont know why i cant send a message to the number that you gave