Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

apple 4s iphone, 3g not working

carnivalgirl
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, i have a 4s, and currently imworking in Ireland, so i switch of the data roaming/3g so as im not charged, then sometimes i switch it on when not on wifi to download emails etc and all fine. Last week i was in Egypt and i switched on 3g and it showed 3g on the screen but would not download or let me connect to the internet. Im now back in Ireland and when i try to switch on 3g it again shows but will not connect to the internet or download anything unless im connected ot WIFI. I phoned the help desk earlier and reset my network settings but its still not working?

5 REPLIES 5

gemziilou125
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

What does it say in you APN settings?

It could be a number of things. You SIM may need updating on the network again, or there could be a signal issue in the area.

Try putting your phone is Flight/Airplane mode for 5minutes, then taking it out, and then restart the phone. See if that helps, and let me know if you can :Smiling:

If you have found this helpful, please give Thanks :Smiling:

Hi, thank you for the quick reply… how do I view my APN settings? Ive just switched it to Airplane and reset and still nothing

The error message I get is “cannot activate mobile data network PDP Authentication failiure” when I try to download my email

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWS...

See if that link directs you to the instructions. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll copy you the steps.

If you have found this helpful, please give Thanks :Smiling:

Hi, no i tried that and thats not working either!!!god this is frustrating... i also read that i need to do the IOS 8.1 upgrade and see if that fixes it, so i started it last night but the update kept erroring, so now i cant access some apps and it wont stay on my homw wifi so i can try the download again!!! bloody phone

Upgrading to iOS 8 needs about 5GB of free memory on your phone.  If you don't have that much free space, you can update connected to iTunes (it downloads the update to your computer instead).

Otherwise, you'll need to clear off some stuff to create the space on your phone.  (Setting > General > Usage)

hth