Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

computers

brianmccusker
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Upgrading my computer which i have had for six years. I like the idea of being able to record a few tracks of self penned songs. There is a lot of stuff out there. Quite fancy Apple but I am confused with lap tops, macbooks, ipads, mac air and retina mac. Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
One thing to note is their are differences between Macs and Windows powered pc's and laptops.

I'd suggest visiting a high street store with working demo models to try out.

What have you been used to regarding operating systems.

I used windows and moved to OS X for Macs which took a little while to get used to ,and now prefer OS X via my MacBook Air. And  are introducing EL Capitano to replace Yosemite in September 2015. So new features etc see being introduced too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@brianmccusker

It’s great to see you’ve joined us on the eForum! :Smiling:

What sort of music do you write?

I use an iPad, which I find useful for carrying around and taking on holiday.

If you pop into one of our Vodafone stores, we can go through our offers and show you how it works. :Smiling:

Thankyou Gemma it sounds like an ipad could be the way in. I write in the country style because it is a good vehicle for talling a story I find. I have a few songs on utube under brian mccusker. My favourite is called the activity song which took ages to compose and record due to the amount of instruments involved, including a bicycle bell, a football rattle and a pair of Tibeten gongs. There is a video too which people seem to enjoy. I will pop into your York branch. Cheers once again. Brian