Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

i message options

craigljh88
2: Seeker

Hi all

One of my iphones has a different option when sending I messages when the wifi signal etc is poor.When you double click on the message mine says to send as an sms message,my other phone says to send to email address.This then goes to receivers phone as an email with my number.I'm with Vodaphone and there's a vodaphone symbol with the email.Anybody any ideas how to change it back to sms ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

craigljh88
Done it.Turned I message off and back on and it's ok now

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

craigljh88

Hi all

One of my iphones has a different option when sending I messages when the wifi signal etc is poor.When you double click on the message mine says to send as an sms message,my other phone says to send to email address.This then goes to receivers phone as an email with my number.I'm with Vodaphone and there's a vodaphone symbol with the email.Anybody any ideas how to change it back to sms ???

Hi @craigljh88

To get this back to normal text messaging, you’ll need to turn off the iMessage options.

To do this:

1. From the home screen select “settings”
  2. Select “Messages”
  3. Touch the slide button (shows as white not green)

Cheers,

Laura

craigljh88
Hi Laura
I've got 4 iPhones in the family and my wife's is the one I'm having trouble with
On mine and the kids when the iMessage is struggling to send because of a bad connection when you double click on the message the option comes on to send as a sms message on my wife's when she double clicks it says to send an email.When the email is received it has Vodaphone icons on it and says it's been sent from my wife's number.I want to get it back to the same as the others ???

craigljh88
Done it.Turned I message off and back on and it's ok now