Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iOS 8- When for previous models?

shanerae123
4: Newbie

I know the new iPhone 6 comes with iOS 8, but when will it be available on older iphones, pads etc?  I thought it was today?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Around 6pm tonight iOS8 will arrive.

Remember, with Apple everything is done according to the time zone in California which is 8 hours behind us.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn

Around 6pm tonight iOS8 will arrive.

Remember, with Apple everything is done according to the time zone in California which is 8 hours behind us.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

redpages

Yep, as Jeff says, this usually starts rolling out from 6pm onwards. You can get a list of compatible Apple devices for iOS 8 over on Apple's website, here

The servers can get quite clogged up from 6.00pm onwards. From past experience I'd perhaps suggest leaving it until late evening and let the update run overnight, or tomorrow morning (I had 4/5 time outs trying to do it at peak time during the last major update). 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

redpages

I'd also add to exercise caution if you're trying to update iOS 8 on an iPhone 4S. Plenty of reports out there about it being unstable and slowing / bricking phones with this first release.

I chanced it and then couldn't turn the phone back on again. I've since managed to (just about) get it working again through iTunes  and noticed the update had somehow pushed capacity over by 2.33GB, this despite having 12GB free to begin with. Strangely when I check on the phone settings while connected to iTunes I still have 9GB free.

I'm currently in the process of removing as much as possible from the phone (big GB sized files such as movies) to free up space until Apple hopefully release an update a fix / my 6 Plus turns up.

In short if you've got a 4S running well on iOS 7 still that's a good thing :Winking_smiley:

(right click > view image)

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 19.16.07.png

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community