Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPad pay monthly personal hotspot / tethering not working

Saltank
4: Newbie

I've got a 2GB pay monthly plan with my ipad, but every time I try to activate Personal Hotspot it says to go to the Vodafone website. I tap Go to Website and then find the guide, but its useless because every time I try to activate it, it shows the same message. What's going on?

47 REPLIES 47

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Saltank,

We'll need to take a look at your account so we can get this set up for you. Just follow the steps in the PM I've sent and we'll be in touch. Click here to access your private message inbox.

Thanks,

Tom

Llamadesigns
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I am having the same issue have a 2 GB pay monthly plan on an iPad mini, saying I need to activate Personal Hotspot.

Also, Is tethering included in the new pay monthly plans?

It only took like two months for them to activate it for me, but they managed to activate it.

Hi Llamadesigns

Thanks for your post. Tethering is included in the new price plans and will just come out of your standard data allowance.

It sounds like we'll need to activate this at network level so we'll need access to your account. I've sent a private message with details of how to contact us directly.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

I also have an iPad Mini on the 2gb account and get the error about the hotspot.  Can you activate the personal hotspot for me too?

Many thanks,

Simon

Hi simoncolley,

We can certainly help you here but will need to access your account. To get the ball rolling, I’ve just sent you a PM.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can’t access this link, please ensure that the box next to “Turn on private messages” is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

If you can follow the details in the PM, we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi,

I have done this and after confusion with Customer service and a call from me they are addament it is not possible to teather on any tablet with Vodafone!!

Can you help?  The CS ref is #11232263 and I did add the subject of WRT135 as requested.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi there Simon,

Thanks for your post.

I need to unlock the system to be able to access your email at the moment. I'm back in tomorrow and will try and call you then if that's ok?

Thanks,

LeeH

Hi Lee,

That would be great, call me anytime on the number in my account ending in 41 (that's my mobile)

Cheers,

Simon