Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPad retina 4th Gen - 4G issue

jayguadagni
2: Seeker

I have a business contract for a iPad 4th Gen, i have recently just added the 4G to my account over the phone. I was told this should take upto 24hours. I called again to check it had been activated (all ok). Still not switched over....

After speaking with Vodafone numeruos times we have figured that i havnt got the ENABLE 4G option in settings on the iPad.

How would i get this or update the carrier settings?

iPad is on iOS 7.0.4 & Carrier Settings 15.6

I have been into store & called many times and to be honest i dont think anyone actually knows.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jayguadagni

The iPad you are using is not compatible with our 4G connection.

You will be able to use the extra data on the plan but this will be used on 3G.

DaveCD

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jayguadagni

The iPad you are using is not compatible with our 4G connection.

You will be able to use the extra data on the plan but this will be used on 3G.

DaveCD

Hi,

Sorry to jump on this thread but I've exhausted all other avenues.

I also have a business contract with a mix of 3G and 4G devices. My iPad 4th Gen model is A1460 which IS 4G compatible (on 3 and EE according to here). So, what do I need to do to enable 4G on my iPad? I hope I don't have to buy the contract out and get a SIM only plan on 3 or EE but this seems like the only option? Would swapping the SIM out of my Galaxy Note 3 into my iPad work to prove 4G works and if that is the case, how do I explain this to Customer Services to put me on 4G for this device?

Thanks in advance,

Mat

Hi Mat,

The iPad with Retina display isn't compatible with our 4G network.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi can anyone in the Vodafone tech team tell me if the iPad with Retina display still is not compatible with the Vodafone 4G network in October 2015? i.e. has this issue been resolved since the previous posts in this thread?

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi LGarr, and welcome to the forums :Smiling:

If it is the 4th generation iPad with Retina Display that you are referring to, it still will not work with Vodafones 4G offering, as it does not have the hardware installed to talk on the frequencies used in the UK by VF and O2

The newer devices starting from the Air and Mini2 have the correct parts installed, and will work on Vodafone 4G.

There is a handy chart here that will show exactly what model numbers will work on which 4G networks around the world.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/LTE/

Thanks a million grolshuk, that is pretty much what I can see on my device and explains the problem.

jayguadagni
Thank you. I did later find this out and have had the 4G plan taken off my account. Looks like I'll have to get a iPad Air.